Simple Abundance: Finding Myself

You know when something crosses your path and you really want to do it, but you are afraid of what people think of you? That voice that says do it or give it a try? That's the voice of your inner self. And thanks to Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort of Joy I am starting to pay more attention to my inner voice.



For many years I have heard Pretty Neat Living talk about this book. She loves it. She has spent years in it. Some people have asked how you can reread a book year after year. Even I was concerned about that, but when reading this myself I understood.

And for once it wasn't Jen, from Pretty Neat Living that coerced me into doing something. This is was actually from Paper & Glam: God & Glam Facebook group that collectively decided on reading this with our devotion Savor: Living Abundantly Where You Are, As You Are. I was skeptical about reading both of these daily, but I'll be quite honest sometimes I enjoy getting behind because I have more to read the day that I get to catch up.

So why would you read this book over and over, though? Simply because there is so much to learn to do for yourself. This is a book to really find out about yourself as long as you do the work with the book. I have found myself lost in memories and dreams, and that's okay. It is a part of me. It is who I am when I step out into the world every day. Those memories and dreams don't disappear because I am out in the real world.



This book really helps me think about what I want from my life and how I can move forward in it. How to have simple indulgences for myself and not feel guilty about it. To still serve God, but to give myself the care it deserves. With the help of this book I have found journaling and being more creative through collage, drawing, and coloring.

I strongly suggest this to anyone who feels like they are in a rut. I do want to say that like with most things you can't just give it 50% and expect results. I don't think a person should just start in the middle of the book either, or you'll be confused. There are terms in the book which will be confusing. There are terms such as treasure map, and illustrated discovery journal which are discussed at the beginning.



While some may scoff at it for being too childish, I think these are the people that really need it the most. The ones that are wound so tight that they have forgotten what life used to be like to be a child, or they never were a child and forced to grow up. This isn't something that has to be perfect, it is yours.

What is your inner voice saying? Are you paying attention?


No comments