Tea Time with Hunter: Where Have I Been?

It's been a dry, hot, and also, humid time for me. I'm not just talking about the summer in Florida. The season that my life has been has not been the best one. Oh, I can list you several good and amazing blessings right off, but the hard stuff has been very difficult. So pull up a chair, relax and grab a cup of tea.

I am drinking Spiced Apple Cider Rooibos Tea in my special 2012 Halloween Ice Cream Donald cup! I never regret getting this cup. It stays out all year long!



Where have I been? It seems like I do this posts too often. But I want to be my best for you, as reader, and be my best for me, as a writer. That's why I take off times when I know I'm just not my best. And that's been weighing on me. Am I even meant to write? Is blogging for me? Do I have a niche? I took the time off for several reasons; to take care of myself, to reevaluate my blog, and to recharge.

The fact that my health has not been up to par has not been hidden in the last few favorites posts. I don't want to hide it. I have been having menstruation issues that started at the very end of May, and didn't end until the middle of July. I was bleeding constantly and continuously. I'm not going to hide it because it's natural for women every day. However, bleeding for almost two months straight is not.

I have never been what you call regular. And I was on birth control patch for a very, very short period of time three years ago. This scared me a great deal because my life was becoming more active. I was under less stress than normal and was decently happy. Then the bleeding started, and while I kept up my active life the constant bleeding was getting to me. I made an appointment with my regular gynecologist. She was no help. She told me that it was where I was irregular and was now active and I was shedding what hadn't been shed in some time. That I knew already and had figured out.

A very special friend of mine helped me find another gynecologist right away. She put on birth control and another medicine to help with acne. Everything started to turn out okay until my period was suppose to come back and I felt like was being murdered from the inside out. I was crying from cramps which was very new to me. Normally I can just sleep them off but these had me in tears and waking up in the middle of the night. I was heartbroken. However, I'm currently on the next period and I'm much better. There is still some cramping and irregularity but you can slowly tell that my body is regulating itself out thanks to the medicine.



So, with all of that going on I wanted to recharge. I'm dealing with an unique life situation (more on that next week) and I felt like I needed to just relax and just be. I have been working in Florida on and off throughout the months of the summer. I have made the most of the months too. I have learned, and partaken in a lot of new things. I have enjoyed being mostly by myself this summer to gather my thoughts, even if some people don't agree with me going off by myself.

"How can you leave all of your kids at home and go to Disney? How are you fit to be a mother? Oh, you don't have the kids? That must be nice." All of these have been said to me this summer. I have just smiled and went on because I know I have made the best decision. My kids are well taken care of and go to Disney more than the average kids will ever go to Disney. I don't feel guilty about that in the slightest. It's my job and it's what I love to do.

And if you are reading this and don't see how I can be okay with leaving my kids at home while I go work in Florida, that's okay. I did it for myself, selfishly or not. There would be no way I could take care of them-- None. They are well taken care of by Vin, the nanny, and several others. Also like I stated above my health was suffering, but I was still able to work the tiny hours that I was.

The best reason for taking off the last couple of months was reevaluating my blog. I don't claim to have the best blog out there. And there are times when I wonder if I will ever have a blog that is crisp and clean. I have a lot to learn. I am putting all these thoughts into consideration. And so I have made a plan and goals for blog while I have been gone.

Most importantly, I want to really put time and money into this blog. I have had it for awhile and I love it. This includes more writing time, buying a theme, and taking blogging courses. These are the things that are slowing evolving in my life. I like the idea of having my blog for a creative outlet. And I realize I need to step up my game if I want people to actually read my content. I am still discovering my blog niche, because I feel like it should have a blog niche. But maybe not. I am currently doing some more research in that area.

Anyhow, I hope you have enjoyed your tea. I know that I have enjoyed my tea. Maybe there will not be another blog explaining where I have been for awhile now. If not, I apologize ahead of time!


No comments