Healthy Habits I've Added This Year

This year has been going great for me! I have really felt the joys of getting it together. What's been working for me and what hasn't been working for me and what's coming up in the wellness aspect of my life is really important to me.



Who knows maybe you'll discover new wellness resources in this post!

You know when you are in college or around that age, and life just seems to start piling on? Yeah, me too. I was pretty unhealthy all of my college years. I would "go" to the gym, but it was not a serious workout. The past few years, all of that has changed. I started running very seriously about five years ago and it has just improved since then.


  • Vitamins - I used to scoff at taking vitamins and seriously just thought they were for the elderly and children. Not so much anymore for me. It started about two years ago when I felt tired all the time. I couldn't shake it. My doctor recommended a multivitamin with iron. I cannot believe the difference in my body with and without that. If I have a stomach bug and cannot take my vitamins for a couple of days I feel the effect it has on my body. This year I have added an elderberry vitamin and a hair, skin & nail vitamin. In the future, I do want to try out Care of Vitamins. I have already taken the quiz to see what vitamins that they recommend. I love what it has suggested.
  • Teeth - Oh there was a time when I was like "eh my teeth will be okay if I don't brush them this day." And then that started to add up. I'm now happy to say that those days are behind me! I'll list below the tools that I use to keep my teeth nice, white, and healthy!

  • Water - I am still struggling with this one a little. But I have to say I keep trying to figure my best tactics to get more aqua into me. I haven't given up just yet. I've learned that my favorite bottled water is Smartwater. And this spring and summer I plan to really enjoy some different spa waters.
  • Nightly stretching - This one came to me early on this year. I felt the push from several different directions. What I do is not huge or complicated, it is just the nightly stretches from Blogilates.
  • Leslie Sansone Your Daily Walk App - I have talked about Leslie Sansone before, but when I discovered her app this year I was so excited to have her videos at my fingertips. I love that each day has a video. I don't do this every day but I try to get it in when I can.
  • Gratitude Journal - This is a huge goal for me in my Powersheets. I started out with a physical journal and a pen. But discovered that I enjoy putting this on a journal app on my phone! It's been really good since then. I'm seriously thinking that it might be better for me in the future to do a written one but we will see.
  • Oils - I have been skeptical about oils until last year. This was a great decision on my part. I'm still learning all that I can with hit and misses. But I am really enjoying them! My favorite brands are doTerra and Plant Therapy. I am hoping in the future to learn how oils were used in the Bible to bring it, even more, meaning to me.
  • Brain Games - Lumosity, Peak, Elevate have all become a huge part of my day. They help exercise my brain or even just give me a brain break from my work on a daily basis.
  • Daily Dialogue/Journal - Daily Dialogue is where you write down all the worries, concerns in your head, and you try to fix them on paper. Either you fix it or you get tired of writing about it and just do it! Learning to journal is something I'm still working on right now. I'm trying to decide if digital or physical is better for journaling for me.
  • Taking lunch to work - This one has been hard. I am usually taking Lean Cuisine meals or something similar. I want to start making my own meal prep bowls. I'm just not sure about eating the same thing day after day. I think that would be where this would fail me.
  • Meditation - Headspace app has come in handy for this that. I've learned how to meditate through this app that comes highly recommended. Emma Watson even recommends it! I enjoy the illustration and how this app doesn't make you feel dumb about meditating. You don't have to sit on the floor with your legs crossed and fingers as a certain way. They really help you to learn how to clear your mind.
  • Daily self-care - I have been pushing that this year. From all of these healthy habits to dry brushing, coloring, etc. I have started making time for just myself. I've wanted to learn how to do more of a seasonal self-care. But that's a work in progress.
  • Running - If you've been following me for a while you know that I love to run. Even if nothing is chasing me! The feeling that running is almost sacred to me. The feel of my feet pounding the pavement. The joy of sharing this exercise with my girls. It's still my favorite healthy things EVER!
Coming up in the future
  • Tone It Up - A returning favorite of mine. I have been a huge Tone It Up fan for years. And since I'm slowly going away from
  • Pure Barre - I have done a few barre classes outside real dance classes. I hope it really lengths my muscles and makes them strong and lean.
  • Blogilates - A fantastic Youtuber with an incredible fitness channel and blog! I love her stuff!
  • Portion Control - I struggle with this a lot. I love the whole pack of Oreos. I also love a chicken sandwich with nuggets, fries and a large drink. And just for the heck of it throw in a cookie. That I need to work on.
  • Fitness Journal - I really want to try a physical one, but keeping track of it is so hard for me for some reason. I want to really buckle down and try this again. I have my eye on either the Erin Condren one or the May Designs one.
  • Lose It App - I have a free subscription, but I'm thinking in the future I may try for the premium. Let me know if it is worth it to have the premium for this app. Because I love the free features, but I think I could get more out of it with the premium edition.
  • Popsugar Active App - I discovered this app a few months ago. I haven't really tried anything yet, but I have looked through it. I love that you can schedule certain workouts and even pick workouts by how long that they are. These are free and are done by trainers who work with famous people.
  • Happify - I had created an account for this app year ago. I am slowly learning this app and how it can help me. So in the future, I want to dive further into it. For now, I really love the games and the meditation. Either I have to step up my to-do list for helping people.

No comments