Blogmas Day 20: Prayer

Hey everyone! I hope you are getting excited for Christmas Day! It will be here in no time! I hope you have been enjoying whatever Advent study, book, activities, etc that you partake in! I know I have been! Plus, I've also been preparing up for the new year little by little too!



And may heavenly peace be all around!


It finally happened. I didn't want it to happen, but this week it finally got to me. I let the mundane regular days take over my December.

It started after Tuesday, and perhaps I had a very Christmasy Tuesday. It was a perfect day. Overcast, after a series of storms in Alabama, and the temperature fell 30 degrees in a span of hours. I spent the day in a very Christmas environment, helping someone decorate. Then looking at Christmas lights after supper.

I just felt like the mundane had to take over. It's probably because I got behind on my Advent. I hadn't been blogging on here. It just felt like more normal and I lost my luster. To the point, I even stopped talking to God as much. And friends, let me tell you, these days I can tell when I stop praying constantly to God. I get stuck. I get stuck in projects, happiness, and in a funk.

Where did I see this most? My Powersheets. I thought I had found my word of the year. Remind me at the end of next year, to not pick out a word while I am at work. It just doesn't bode well for me. I struggled. I couldn't get my goals to align like they were supposed to be at this point in my prep work.

But today I stared at my goal pages that were blank. Completely blank doesn't sit well with me, this late in the game. And I realized I had quit praying about my goals. And I prayed. I prayed then I slept on it. God is just incredible. I woke up and was very groggy, but I had the perfect image of writing a new word in my Powersheets. And it felt right. I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Please, just pray. It's amazing how sometimes, we ask God for things, and it's scary to get an answer. Yes and no might be small words to spell, but their impacts are huge! But God is even bigger and better than those impacts!

Just pray!

No comments