Tea Time with Hunter May 2018

Hello friends! Spring is so here in Alabama! Heck, this week looks a lot like summer, welcome to the 90s. Which y'all know how happy that has me, not. Tea time is a little different. I'm drinking some sweet iced tea. So, pour you a glass and let's chat.


Relax... Eyes closed... Deep breath...


Hello again. I'm sitting here on my porch. Okay, I'm not sitting, I'm laying down because my foot started swelling this morning. In my April favorites, I mentioned that I developed a skin infection while at Disney World. I do not think the skin infection had anything to do with Disney World. There are a few theories of how I came to have this infection. One, it was an ingrown hair on my leg. Two, it's where I cross my legs. Either way, it hurt, and it still hurts. The doctors went in and lanced it. And for the record I had needles anyways, but when someone sticks the NUMBING shot in the center of your infection that is already hurting you want to hurt someone. You want to hurt them badly.

And then I was hurting for the next two days because they packed it. I couldn't walk they had packed it so much and so tight. And when they pulled the packing out it hurt pretty freaking bad too. So, I am still on the mends with my leg. I can't exercise which really sucks! But it is what it is.

I don't know I guess it's because that happened at such an awkward time. I feel like I am having a hard time adjusting to things that didn't get done because of the injury. I kind of feel like I need to start over. I have seriously messed my up my budget. I didn't get a few goals accomplished last month because of the injury. I just feel rather left behind.

The idea came to me that maybe I just cracked open the sides of my shell and I'm a seed. It's really time for me to flourish and see things differently. How do you make sure a seed grows? If there is one thing that I have learned from Lara Casey beside goals, it's gardening. When a seed breaks and cracks it looking for nutrients and well nourishment. And now it's time to cultivate myself and the area around me for growing and flourishing. That's why I'm okay with this month being more of a mindful month.



Our family is doing well. Right now there are so bumps that might come up in our family, but we are going to work and pray through them. It's times like these that I'm thankful for the friends and family that God blessed me with for this life. In the future I'm hoping to grow and nourish my relationships within my family and friends. But that's probably within the next year as things turn to be more of a family for me.

Speaking of goals, I am loving mine this year. I have seen progress. Real progress with my own eyes. This post in itself feels like a huge milestone for me. I feel more authentic than I ever have. That to me is a huge blessing. I am able to stop myself from doing what other people do. I am tired of thinking I have to do something just because someone else's looks better. It's like what I have been trying to get a few people around me to understand. What works for one might not be what works for the other. I am so happy to have doable goals this year. And not the same goals that keep repeating every month.

And lastly my spring bucket list. I have started on the list. I am hoping to document the items when I accomplish them. I will let you know that we have gone for one snow cone outing, but no picture, alas. I have started filling up my sketchbook. I have been quite happy with the progress. I finished reading the Secret Garden, but I haven't watched it yet. I so excited that I did this bucket list because it's sure to be a more fun springtime this way!

That's it for now. I hope you have a wonderful May!

No comments