Blogmas Day 8: Powersheet Prep Week Begins Now

Hey everyone! It's a day that I start with trepidation and yet excited at the same time! It's Powersheet Prep Week! If you don't know what that is, it's Lara Casey's goal planner! It really does help! It's my third year in Powersheets and this year will be the best!


“We make things happen when we make the choice to shift from denying of the unknown to starting.” ― Lara Casey

So, today is the first day of Powersheet Prep Week, and there was a lot of pressure today. It's the first mark in your goal planner. That's why Lara starts with your name. Simply writing your name in your messy handwriting in whatever pen can be intimidating. I did this with a little more ease this year.

With a purchase in the Cultivate What Matter's store, you get the coaching for the Powersheets! It's amazing to have Lara, herself, walk you through the pages. I enjoyed the video because she left you enough time to pause the video before continuing to the next page. We started with pages 5-13 today. I prayed so hard before starting these Powersheets.

Why did I pray? I want Godly goals. I want goals that reflect the light of Christ in me. I want to be someone who changes the world for His glory. This is why it's so important for me to pray beforehand. Lara even addressed setting goals as Christians in her podcast Cultivate Your Life Podcast Episode 006: Is It Okay To Set Goals As A Christian?

In my first year in Powersheets, I was frantic. I wanted all the things right then and now. I disregarded Lara's quote of "It's okay to grow slow." I didn't want to grow slow. I didn't even read the directions well. I thought it was so strange that she wanted to know what made me mad. If you are someone who does Powersheets, I'm talking about the page called "What Fires You Up?" I was intrigued. This year I know what fires me up. Even writing these things down fired me up. It made me excited. It was almost the feeling of Santa's gifts waiting under the tree the next morning!



These are the things that fire up my passion. I love these things. (Yes, including Chickfila!) I feel invigorated after these things being in my life! All these things? I'm going to do them more often to feel myself come alive!

So, this week I have more things to do so the posts may come out a little later! Be sure to check back later to see the goals for the year and the word of the year! What do you think my word will be this year?!

No comments