My 2019 Map: Word, Goals and Bucket List

Happy New Year Everyone! It was almost sad to see 2018 end. I had a lot of lows, but I had some serious highs in 2018. I got married for one thing. I faced fears. It was honestly bittersweet. But here we are in a new year. My year hasn't quite gotten off to the start I thought it would have, but I'm not letting it get me down. Because I know God has quite the jam-packed year for me.



What is your word of the year? Have you decided? I promise it will set a theme for your year!
Last year I introduced you to my 2018 word of the year because I wanted to remember it and keep up with it. I feel like I lived up to my word. I really do. I even updated everyone halfway through the year letting you know how the year was going with my word. Giving you all the review of my word of the year not only helped me to remember to live out my word but to give you an idea of how to use your own word of the year.

  • I saw myself flourish through the pain of different things. I was able to experience new things. Learned to take better care of myself.
  • Diving deeper into knowing God helped me to flourish as well. I learned how to be a better friend.
  • Flourishing through events and friendships. Things that I did not see coming. Those little simple things!
So what's my word for 2019? I kind of went 2018 Lara Casey on this and made up my own word. Technically I didn't, I am just using a phrase. A phrase that has been repeating itself to me throughout the year already. 



Celebrate Joy, yes this is my word of the year. It was interesting, not long after deciding that this is what my word was going to be, our pastor at our church said that this is going to be the year of joy for our church. All the sermons will keep that in mind! Like how amazing is that? And celebrate? Well, I was inspired by Lara's little girl Grace. Who likes to throw petals for a mini celebration. And I was also inspired by Lara Casey's team and the cowbells for when they finished something. It's amazing to me that people have a little, mini celebration just randomly. I want that in my life. I'm going to do that in my life for the smiles and the encouragement if even just for myself! And of course, when you put the words together. I want to celebrate the joy I see in my life. I want happy even when something is hard. I should be happy even when things are hard.

Now that we have discussed my word of the year how about my vision board for this year? It wasn't easy this year. I was going to include something to keep me motivated at work, but you know what? I decided that everything else on this board will motivate me at work, without putting a quote about work on it! Work doesn't define me.


And onto the goals for this year. I'm only going to share with you two goals from my Powersheets. And yes, I'm using Powersheets again this year! These goals are dear to me. It took me a long time on how to measure these goals and why it mattered to me. 

  • Cultivate the relationships in my life so that I can create wonderful memories and learn more about the important people in my life. This is so huge for me because sometimes I feel like I barely even know my best friend at times. Like exactly what she is going through, and how I can help her with what I can do at that moment.
  • Journal and explore myself for mental care and self-care, so that I can remember to care for myself, remember my blessings and learn more about myself. This goal is all about learning my personality, gratitude journal, regular journaling and taking care of what I really need. And I can promise it's not always a face mask and/or a glass of wine, but sometimes it might just be.



Onto my bucket list for this year, which has over 20 things on it. I'm super excited about this. I didn't do this last year. I'm letting you in on six of these!
  1. I want to participate in our church's Serve Day. I want to do this to give back to our community so bad!
  2. Go on a trip just me and mom, no one else. I love the relationship I have with my mom!
  3. Learn and memorize 12 Bible verses this year!
  4. Get an over-the-top milkshake!
  5. Attend small group <-- I've actually got this one covered already!
  6. Dye my hair temporarily. I want to do something crazy like hot pink or even blue.
That's it, folks! I'm still excited about the new, especially after writing this! Let me know how you feel about having a map for your year! What are some of your things for this year?

No comments