December 2018 Favorites

The month I like saying goodbye to the least? December. I hate having to say goodbye to the lights and the trees. I try to cling onto them until March, seriously. I take down Christmas aspect of our Christmas village and leave the village up. I love the lights on my trees until Ephinany.



Colored lights blink on and off, racing across the green boughs. Their reflections dance across exquisite glass globes and splinter into shards against tinsel thread and garlands of metallic filaments that disappear underneath the other ornaments and finery. ― Vera Nazarian
December was filled with things. Christmas parade, Christmas parties, Disney World, Christmas movies, lots of Christmas music and wonderful decorations. December felt like a really busy month. But I took the time for myself the week of Christmas. Just relaxing. Soaking up my family and time with Vin. I have loved our decorations this year. We finally combined our decorations, or most of them anyways. Now to just start counting down until September 1st, for many reasons...

Beauty/Haircare:


Disney Mickey Mouse & Friends Mickey Cosmetic Eye Palette Smokey - This palette is great if you are wearing a lot of red or orange and I did a lot of both of these colors this month. I was wearing orange transitioning from November to December's red. It worked out beautiful. These are so easy to blend and this palette is VERY pigmented! These colors show up wonderfully on just about any skin tone!

Skincare/Healthcare:

Signature Collection IN THE STARS Fine Fragrance Mist - This is the best signature scent Bath and Body Works has up come up with since I can remember. I have bought the entire line. I have also just replenished my stash of this scent with their semi-annual sale. This scent just smells soft, musky, and woodsy, but yet it has sweet notes to it as well. I have the candle, the hand sanitizer, the shower gel, the lotion, and this fragrance mist.


Clothing:

Felice Wrap Bootie - I have worn these a ton! From November on these have been my go-to shoe! I love how well they fit and how comfortable they are. I'm serious! these are comfortable. Granted my feet are happy to go back to parallel to the floor at night but that's with any high heel shoe. I'm talking about when I'm wearing these my feet do not hurt! Plus, can we talk about how cute the details on these boots are!?


Lifestyle:

Advent: The Journey to Christmas, A Church of the Highlands Devotional - Yall this was amazing doing this devotional on the Bible by YouVersion with my best friend! We loved this so much. It was so encouraging to us! Plus, knowing that the rest of our church would be doing this with us?! It was astounding the impact that this devotional brought me! I really hope our church does more these in the future!


Book/Movie/Music:

Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays #1) by Leta Blake  - Oh this book was so good. The length was surprising. Normally the holiday books do not have that much build to them, but this one did. It was great at building the characters and the scenery. I actually enjoyed these characters and their trials. It might be one that I read again during the holidays.


Food:


Urban Cookhouse - Y'all I can't tell you how good this place is! I've enjoyed going here a lot with Vinny. It's almost become our go-to lunch place. Their Grilled Pineapple Ham sandwich is to die for, as well as their chicken quesadillas which are the size of platters! We love eating here. They have a great area to eat if dining in, they have a drive-thru, and they are on Waitr.

New Obsession:


Powersheets 2019 - Omg you guys! I thought I was excited about goal setting in 2018! No, these are even better. I feel like I'm planning out better action steps for the goals that I am setting myself. Plus, I also know how to navigate them better this year too! Plus, I just know the company better this year. Just things like that. I'm so excited to tell you about my goals and such for the year in a few weeks!

Tried and True and Returning: 


Big Shampoo - With the return of this shampoo came the return of everything Lush in my bathroom. Gosh, I have missed this shampoo! Plus, I love that the Summit now has Lush. (Well they have had it for years now I'm just now taking advantage of that!) I really tell a difference in my hair when washing it with this shampoo!


Favorite Blog Post or YouTube Video:



Disney:

There were a lot of Disney World memories! Mostly riding Expedition Everest until the park literally closed! That was amazing!
Finally getting to see the Hall of Presidents; can I just say how sad our world has gotten that there had to be two security guards stand through the entire attraction. Adults need to grow up and realize there are more important things besides politics, especially at Disney World.
Vincent got his galactical hero sticker on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. People actually looked at us like we were crazy because he was whooping and hollering so. And yes they gave the grown adult his sticker, that he now has in his wallet. (For those who don't know that means he hit 999,999 points.)
We enjoyed the Christmas party, which wasn't as much fun as it has been in the past. But I did love the shirts and ornaments this time!
And eating around the world Holiday style?! It's amazing!

Mommy:

Buy Disney® Princess Belle Activity Toy - Queenie loved this stroller toy while we were at Disney World. She loved that even when she wasn't in her stroller we could unclip it easily and she could tote her along with her.

BooginHead Baby Toddler Bib - Both twins had these for traveling this month. These are amazing! I can put stuff in the little pouch!!! Their little spoons, napkins, and wipes fit in these! And they wipe up so easily!

No comments