Velvet Noir Marc Jacobs

Long, volume, lashes? Some would say that Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara is perfect for you if that's what you want. Could this mascara really be the one that is the difference for you? Was it for me?


How many stars? *** out of 5.

The Pros:

  • Volume - It does give volume! I really do believe that my lashes looked more apparent. 
  • Velvet texture - My lashes felt soft and didn't feel crispy.
  • The tube - I have a weird thing about the container of makeup. I think sometimes the packaging can make or break a product. This one does in fact help the product.

The Cons: 

  • Wet formula - I am not a wet formula person when it comes to mascara
  • Brush - I didn't care for the brush. I know some people loved the shape and bristles. I wan't one of them.
  • Dry time - This goes back to the wet formula. I just don't have time to wait 6-10 minutes for mascara to dry no matter how great the results are at the end.
  • Clumps - Yes it did in fact have clumps. This product also clumped my lashes together making it look like I didn't have as many lashes.

I will not be purchasing this. I actually prefer most drugstore mascara over high end anyhow. This just helped me to confirm it. If you want to see what others have to say about this product look for Influenster on Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #velvetnoir. 


No comments