Book 'Em: Reading Throughout the Year Part 1

2015 was a GREAT year for reading for me! I was blown away by the amount of reading I did. So let's start with the old.... As you are well aware if you have read my post;Book 'Em: 2015 Popsugar Reading Challenge that I went after this challenge full steam ahead. I finished it--- with three hours remaining in the year... Yeah.



Also I had challenged myself on Goodreads to read 75 books in 2015... Care to guess what that last book was? Yep 75th! I have no regrets about that either. I feel like I was normal person with that. I stretched and gave myself breaks. (I still technically read more than 75 books since I read all the Narnia books in one sweeping gigantic book.)

So what books did I read? How did I feel about them? Well I'm going to be answering some questions about my reading from 2015. But you can just check out the books I read last year here.

Oh and stick around for Part 2 to find out what I'm doing for 2016!

1. Best Books You Read In 2015?

They Did It with Love by Kate Morgenroth

Winter Bloom by Tara Heavey

Winter Song by Jennifer McMurrain

Lost Lake: A Novel (Lost Lake #1) by Sarah Addison Allen


2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

Lord, Teach Me To Study The Bible In 28 Days by Kay Arthur

I didn't even finish it--- really....

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2015?

A Busy Woman's Guide to Prayer by Cheri Fuller - This had been part of my collection for so long. It had been a gift that I just hadn't read. But I'm so glad that I did.

The Great Christmas Bowl by Susan May Warren - This was the part of the challenge where your mom recommends a book and I was so not looking forward to this. But ------- I LOVED IT! It almost made my top favorite. It was just too perfect for what I was going through at that time.

Leaving Tuscaloosa by Walter Bennett - This was for the book from your hometown. I was sooooo amazed by knowing the streets. However, I can say that I can see how this book could have been true. That I'm not proud of. But I was changed by this book.

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2015?

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Very Good Lives: The Fringe Benefits of Failure and the Importance of Imagination by J.K. Rowling

5. Best series you discovered in 2015?

Parasol Protectorate series, Lost Lake seriesThe Beauchamp Family seriesThe Infernal Devices series The Daughters of La Lune series, and The Custard Protocol series

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2015?

Gail Carriger was the main one that I discovered. I discovered many this year which I love!

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?

Memoirs but oh how I loved it! Home: A Memoir of My Early Years by Julie Andrews Edwards

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2015?

They Did It with Love by Kate Morgenroth - Hands down! LAST DANG FREAKING PAGE!!!

9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare

Winter Song by Jennifer McMurrain

The Great Christmas Bowl by Susan May Warren

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Hogwarts Library) by J.K. Rowling

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?


And yes it was my book based on it's cover for Popsugar


11. Most memorable character in 2015?

Meredith Martin Delinn from Silver Girl -- I just felt like I was dealing with what she was. It was such an amazing book.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2015?

Home: A Memoir of My Early Years by Julie Andrews Edwards or What Love Is: The Letters of 1, 2, 3 John (Living Room) by Kelly Minter

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?

Dracula by Bram Stoker and Stardust by Neil Gaiman

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?

Shortest - 69 pages - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Hogwarts Library) by J.K. Rowling - This book had less pages than all the Boxcar Children books, American Girl book and a book that was a speech. This book still had the least.

Longest - 786 pages - The Three Musketeers (The D'Artagnan Romances #1) by Alexandre Dumas - I was surprised by this. I thought for sure that Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales would win.


17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!

Because I will give away the books I recommend:

They Did It with Love by Kate Morgenroth

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2015 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).

Darius Cavenaugh and Kimberly Sawyer from Witchcraft by Jayne Ann Krentz
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You Read Previously

JK Rowling out did herself.... The Tales of Beedle the Bard (Hogwarts Library) by J.K. Rowling, Emma NicholsonThe Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling, and Very Good Lives: The Fringe Benefits of Failure and the Importance of Imagination by J.K. Rowling

20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:

Jessica from A Pop of Jess recommended

No comments