My Top 8 Tribe

Do you remember when Myspace had a top 8? Trust me, your friends knew where they stood. Do you remember when T-Mobile would let you have top 5? Five people that you could call for free?


Friends or four leaf clovers, hard to find and lucky to have!

Normally I wouldn't really have put too much thought into this but as I get older I realize that my tribe is very important. I realize looking at this list below that these are the people that would and that have been there for me in my times of need. I used to scoff at the people that said they had a tribe, but now I realize that I have my own. And I truly love them all. This is my top 8!


Jessica - If these people listed below are my tribe, then this the chief. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for this girl and vice versa. Did we plan to forget our other friendships when we started the journey on ours? No! We weren't even expecting to get that close. In fact, when I introduced myself, she was already wanting to hate me! But fast forward five years and boom! Can you say you to talk to someone every day that you don't work with or live with? I highly doubt it! But we do it! She's my other half. It's that true statement that people should haven't that much fun together. We do. We shouldn't be that close to just be friends. But we are! She's the first person I tell about milestones. We have this thing where we email each other all of our ramble, jumbled thoughts. That's the kind of therapy friends need to have with each and I'm so thankful we do!

Chris - Well, there might be two chiefs in this village. And trust me, it can get crowded between the two of them when it comes to me. But Jessica and Chris are in fact my true closest, dearest friends. Chris, I met right after Jessica. Well not exactly, I had met him as a kid, but we hadn't had any contact. But when I moved back to Alabama, he was the first face I saw off the plane. He helped us move. He and I just clicked. We were friends for so long. When he got a divorce he turned to me and everything changed. It changed in one night. Because our friendship went on fire. I cannot imagine running a race without this guy. And now I get to run the race of life with him. It's one of those where we are competing with other couples. We are just our best selves with each other and have healthy competitions between the two of us. Not other couples where you can't win, because you are being envious. We are just our goofy, crazy, energetic funky selves and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Dylan - My dark lanky knight. He is has become a very strong person in my life. We definitely have our ups and downs. But we grew close during our runs together to form a friendship. His friendship is nothing like Chris's. Which is a good thing for me. He gets that weird sense of humor that I have and that I'm known for. D, as he is known, has great qualities about him. He's there for all kinds of challenges and there to help with whatever needs to be done.

Vincent - Where do I start with this one? He's been there my whole life in the shadows. We had our moments where it was just us and nobody else. I wouldn't trade my time with him for anything in this world. Vinny has always had a piece of my heart, and always will. Because he has a heart of gold and wants to ease everything so that nothing hurts or is angry. He loves his kids, his heritage, and life with a kind of zest that is difficult to find in most guys. He stands up for his friends and family no matter what he is up against. The world may have not been nice to him, but he really does help make the world a bigger, brighter, and better place to live in. If you need to know Harry Potter trivia he is the one you call.

Carebear - The one I have known the longest. My dearest cousin, Caroline. Yes, we call her Carebear. Why? She's Cheer Bear, Sunshine Bear, and many more all wrapped up into one person. She's snuggly and caring. She's energetic and persistent. She's the one that you need to have in your corner if you are sad or mournful. She will cheer you up for sure. She just has this way around her that you can't help but smile to be around her. She's been my friend for so long I can't imagine a life without her.

Frankie - Where do I begin with this Crohn-having-cookie-eating-Alabama-loving guy? Well, he's amazing with wood for starters. He has a really good sense of humor. And he is amazing at a piano! He loves children and good food. He is there for a supportive talk at any time. He has a huge heart which is pure gold. He gives without thinking. He forgives easily. He has a lot of fun in life. He is a wonderful person!

Brynna - While Jessica is super creative, Brynna is creative in other ways. She really helps me see things from a different perspective. She likes details in a big picture. I've even seen her analyze a picture, and analyze the picture, she does! I love her sharing recipes or little hacks on creating, cooking, decorating, and baking. I've only been with her once grocery shopping, but it was an experience. She doesn't view it as a chore or errand. She views it as a treat. She loves exploring different grocery stores. New items are like new movies to her. She has a kind soul that just has so much energy.

Brittany - My only work best friend to make the list. I have three at work that I'm close to. A lot of people I'm friends with at work. But this one? Well, she shares a space with me and hasn't killed me yet! She shares my love of tea, London, Disney, and Lularoe. She and I have worked together for about 4 years now. Which is a pretty long time to put up with me. We have been through many things together. All of those work memes about work "besties?" That's us!

Fun Fact: Three of the eight have Type 1 Diabetes. One Crohn's. One might have Crohn's. One has Lupus. One has had cancer. One is a recovered alcoholic. I have a very tough tribe!

If you still had a Myspace or would have had a Myspace, who would be your top 8 friends? Who is in your tribe that you know is behind you all the way?

1 comment

  1. You have my heart and there is no other tribe that I would rather be a part of.

    ReplyDelete