Planner Talk

Let's just talk. Because my planning life hasn't been that great. And I want to talk about that. Have you found your planner peace? What happened to mine?



Life isn't perfect, but you can plan it that way.

Seriously, a planner talk? Yes, dead serious.

So last year around October, I started toying with the idea of getting a Simplified Planner. It was recommended with the Powersheets that I would be starting in the new year. I was honestly tired of spending so much money sticker sets for my planner. So for Christmas, I received a Simplified Planner, the gold dot version. I wasn't sure how to really use a daily planner instead of a week. I have been using an Erin Condren (EC) for a very long time, think like back when the coil was white plastic!

So about a month ago I felt pretty frustrated, I was missing events coming up. I didn't feel like my planner was that great of a space. I was ready to just ditch the Simplified Planner all together and go back to EC. I started thinking it was such a waste to get rid of this planner. But the new Erin Condren planner sneak peaks were slowly being released. I just had this nudge.

What kind of a nudge? Well, I started following more planner people again and noticed something. Many of them use both! Many people use an Erin Condren Life Planner and an Emily Simplified Planner... TOGETHER! I started swirling the idea around and around. Was that crazy to have two planners? Was it too much money to spend? Would I USE the two planners if I bought them.

I dug into a draw a pulled an old Erin Condren from two years ago when I bought a neutral and colorful. I brought out the barely used colorful EC weekly vertical layout. I felt like I was home. I started stamping and using a few stickers. I finally felt like this was perfect, except there was a small nag. That beautiful gold dot planner with the gold coil still wanted to be used too.

After scouring Instagram looking for the perfect way to use the Simplified Planner it dawned on me. It was the absolute perfect planner for brain dumps. I literally write down all of my to-dos for home on the right and all of my work to-dos on the left along with time specific things. I'm able to look at my EC for big events and certain to-dos. I have found the perfect planner peace.

So I'll be buying the new Erin Condren colorful vertical planner this summer. And I'll buy the new Emily Ley Simplified Planner in the fall. I have found this is the perfect combination like it is for so many other people. Just add in the Powersheets and I'm one happy chick!

My advice in the planner world? Try new things until it sticks!

What planners are you using? I've heard digital is getting big. I've also heard that Passion Planners are getting popular too! Have you heard of either?

1 comment

  1. This is a perfect post! Planner peace may not just be one planner and I am glad that you have found what works for you. Switching things up can be scary, but sometimes you just have to shake it up a bit. I am very intrigued by digital planning, but i had no idea the Passion Planner was gaining some buzz again. I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete