March 2018 Favorites

Hello April! Yesterday was Easter! Did you enjoy some eggs and some pranks too? Pranks? But of course, it was April Fools too! March was a very long month for me. It seems like that might be the pattern of the year, slow month, fast month, slow month, etc. But let's talk about March today, shall we?



It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. - Charles Dickens

March started out in, you guessed it, DISNEY! We had a wonderful, it was an extremely short trip for me not to be running in any race. Nevertheless, it was really amazing! You can check out the pictures from the trip here. There was so much this month! Plenty of things at work; meetings, decorating and a bridal shower for a coworker! I spent a lot more time this month with my best friend which was awesome. She and I have definitely giggled a whole lot more this past month together on Instagram. My goals for the month were pretty much met. There were some things that just didn't get done that can wait. But other areas totally had some progress on them!

Beauty/Haircare:

Kenra Working Spray 14 - I have become a Kenra junkie! The brand is taking over my shower, and my counter! Their hair products just work amazingly with my hair. I still use the volumizing mousse from Paul Mitchell, but the rest has become Kenra. My hair is so lightweight, smooth, and shiny now! Plus, all of the products smell amazing. So it's truly a win-win for me!

Skincare:


Pacifica Gem Water Crystal Infused Micellar Cleansing Tonic - This is mostly a gimmick. Whereas the cactus water micellar cleansing tonic is the real deal. But I do like this tonic. It smells better than the cactus one. The scent is not overpowering at all. It's so fun to use and the packaging is fantastic. I like having this on my sink to use at night.

Food:

Parmesan Chicken Stuffed Rolls - We did these for our meeting at work and they are incredibly delicious! I highly recommend this recipe! We even swapped out the chicken for beef and they were still delicious! Cannot wait to make these again! 

Lifestyle:

sparkleanddotsco - Let's have the discussion of my love things Disney. I love the ears, the Dooneys, the shirts, and the mugs. My latest obsession? THE BUTTONS! I have been completely obsessing with collecting fanmade button of Disney! I like to wear, put them on luggage, and bags. I feel like it gives you a lot of personality. Like, show your Disney pride! I show mine is many ways and I keep finding more ways!

Book:

American Queen (New Camelot Trilogy #1) by Sierra Simone - I don't want to give too much away from this book. But it blew me away. To begin with, I almost put it down, not to pick up again but that's when it changed and I couldn't get enough of this book. So much that I had trouble reading anything the rest of the month. It isn't like anything that I have ever read before in my life. It's very different, but oh so good!

Music/Movie:

Secret Garden Soundtrack - When I discovered the playlist I went crazy! This has been my work choice for a while now. It just brings me to this zen place in my mind. That happy place? Yeah, I found it on YouTube Music app and saved the entire album to the app for easy access to the entire album. I have listened to it so many times, I listened to it twice today!


Clothing: 


I didn't really have any new clothing favorites this month. Probably next month!

Tried & True Returning Favorite: 

Again, I don't have anything in this category. If you have suggestions for new categories I'm up for it!

New Obsession:


Learning more about different kinds of relationships. Mostly in the LBGT community and different types of relationships even in that. I have started following an assortment of different "kinds" of people than my normal. It's been interesting to see how my ideas and visions have shifted. And even a little bit of my beliefs and perspectives. I like this growing into someone that is more openminded and not totally blind to her family's beliefs. It makes me feel more like my own person.

Favorite Blog Post or YouTube Video:

Disney: 

EPCOT's Flower and Garden Festival - This was a year I could really indulge in it! I loved trying all the different foods, and trust me I did! I loved the Green Tea Mint Julep, the coconut shrimp, and several other things! So delicious!

Mommy Favorite:

Babyganics Alcohol-Free Foaming Hand Sanitizer - Boys are super messy and Sev is no stranger to getting into things. I keep this on me at all times for him. He touches everything! He's exploring the world, yes, but he's picking up germs while he explores. I keep this everywhere for him, purse, car, and stroller.

That's pretty much it for me! Like I said, please, let me know if you have categories that you would like to see!

1 comment

  1. I know that would be your favorite Youtube video for the month! I was so excited when she posted it. I am looking forward to borrowing American Queen from you and reading it soon. I will be sending you His Truth as soon as I finish it up in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete