Blogmas Day 2: 20 Things Before 2020

Hey everyone! Welcome back for Day 2 of blogmas! Would you look at that, two days in a row! I'm so excited to be here again! Today, I have something really fun for me and it's really personal. I am excited about today!



“Invest in yourself. You get OUT what you put IN.” ― Emily Ley, Grace, Not Perfection: Embracing Simplicity, Celebrating Joy

Today is going to be something I picked up from Boho Berry 4 years ago. It's a list of things to accomplish or at least start on before the new year arrives. This list is important to me to start the new year off on the right foot. I pulled some of these things from my Tending List off of my Powersheets (and more is coming about those later on this month!) But a quick rundown, Powersheets are a goal journal and it has a place for monthly tasks to achieve goals! And today I have my list of 20 Things before 2020!

1. Let's talk about Powersheets some more actually! I want to finish and keep up with Powersheet Prep week. That's the week that Lara Casey and her team from Cultivate What Matters help you to fill out your Powersheets for the new year. They break down the section to get to know you and help you pull out meaningful goals. This year it is December 9 through 13. I may even bring you along for the journey of that! Show the progress and such. I really recommend Powersheets if you are a planner or journal person.

2. Prep my planners is also on my list. I have two daily planners, a monthly planner and I will have a weekly planner as well this year. I want to have them all prepped before January 1st this year so I'm not scrambling for dates and such this year. Also, a reminder that I want to give myself for the next year, is to use a pencil to begin with especially at work because things change so much at work! I get so frustrated when I have to cross or scribble something out! I may give you a rundown of my planners before the month is over.

3. Another journal that I want to set up is my Prayer Journal from Val Marie Paper. I want to have the sections fixed up how I want them. I want a section for major prayers and a section for church sermon notes! If you have never heard of this journal, I recommend it also. This year was my first year using it and I adored it. Some months I adored it more than others. Sometimes, I cling to it in prayer. I also enjoy the end page of each month where I can write down answered prayers! Because God is so good!

4. Some of these goals are prep work. Some of these are just things that I need to get done. For instance, I need to put back up social media links on this blog. The image sharing and hosting site I had been using went offline. They suggested other places, but none of them I cared for using with my blog. So, I'm going to figure this out for myself!

5. My best friend is going to laugh at this one and fuss all at the same time. I have a library fee. I still haven't paid in the last year and a half now. How much is this fee I don't want to pay because I feel it is shameful? Well, it's 80¢. That's all. But, I am going to pay it so I can get back a library card because they now have deactivated my card from lack of usage.

6. Reading is a huge ordeal for me. I love reading. And before the new year arrives I want to look at some of the reading challenges. I have to look back over Popsugar Reading Challenge, Paper & Glam Book Club List, and remember that some of the challenges like Magical Readathon will return. What do I want to attempt to do and which do I not feel inspired to do this coming year? It's something I want to breakdown and list out to see.

7. Since my Advent book arrived I have had some hints from the Lord that the She Reads Truth subscription might be something worth looking into for the new year. I really want to look into this subscription of different reading plans and Bible Studies! Especially since I'm going to be doing these with my best friend!

8. Vin and I have been blessed with a new bed. However, we have some pretty old sheets. So, I'm determined with all the sales going on to get us some new sheets to enjoy on our bed.

9. Thanks to Jen talking about her blog needed an update, I decided mine might need one too. I want new pictures and possibly a newly updated blurb. I hopefully will start working on that before the new year arrives!

10. So, returning to the subject of faith, I want to look over the devotional books that my best friend and I have picked out for the coming year. I really want to plan when we do which one and so forth. I also want to pick out when to do our Annie F. Downs Bible Study Looking for Lovely. We are going to have a very faith-filled year. You'll probably see a lot of that on the blog now too. I want more faith content on here.

11. Have you just felt the overwhelming weight of things wanting your attention? Even things you actually like? Well, that's what is happening to me. So, I am going to weed out my Podcast list, my Youtube subscription list, and the people I follow on Instagram. Instagram is the hardest for me. But I do have plans to weed out the attention-seeking stuff.

12. Most of the things I had on my 2019 Bucket List was marked off. So, I do want to create another bucket to be placed in the front of my planners so that I can have a fun-filled year again! I can even transfer over the few things that weren't accomplished from this year over to the next year. I have done weird little things to do, and I did enjoy them this year!

13. This coming year I want to utilize the front section of my Emily Ley. One of the ways I make sure this happens is, do her prep work that is in the front of the Simplified Planner. Part of that section is writing down routines. For me that also means rituals. I have a love for rituals. Not so much like a religious ritual, but more of if this happens then this has to happen kind of thing. I also like to think about rhythms. Something that just happens easily!

14. Preparing for another journey next year is getting the tools for Simple Abundance. She has a list of tools to help you find your authentic self. This year I am even more excited to go through this journey because she has modernized the book! I am so excited to see what changes are in this book.

15. With an instapot and several new crockpots making their way into our house I want to use them to the best of their ability. Therefore making a list of recipes to try in 2020 is a must!

16. Starting on making a  holiday binder is a must for me as well! What is a holiday binder? Well, I'm not really sure myself. I want a binder with the holidays I want our family to celebrate and different ways for us to celebrate these holidays. I want written playlists for each of the holidays too! I want to start with something similar to what Cultivate What Matters has in their shop, Celebration Binder.

17. One of the things I know will be major for me in the new year is working on my health. Mostly oral health and skin health. I am already making progress in losing baby weight and such. So, I am prioritizing making appointments for healthcare! I am planning on making a list of the numbers I need to call to make appointments as well.

18. For something different than the rest of this list is I want to learn more about Catholic and Jewish cultures since both are key in the beliefs I have in my life. This has been on my list for some time now. It was planted in my mind as a teenager reading a devotion talking about how we need to learn about other people's culture so that we can introduce them to Jesus Christ. Well, this isn't exactly the same but it is the same principle.

19. This one is extremely important and my best friend is nodding her frantically when she reads this one. I want to start gathering information about self-care and boundaries at work. I have had a terrible year at work before and during maternity leave. Several problems that our company just didn't see coming arose and it was horrible for my mental health. And being pregnant with all of that drama going on was not in the best interest of my babies. So, with me returning to work there will be changes and boundaries. Our workplace needs to realize mental health is real and needs to be addressed. No not in the sense of an off day for mental health, but rather ways to just get up and walk away without reprimanding.

20. Relax and savor the season is last on my list. I do plan to do a lot of these things while curled up next to my Christmas tree and snuggled by one of my children. I want to enjoy spending the time savoring the smells, tastes, and sights. This is my happy place!


Maybe you are wondering what would you like to finish up or start before a new decade starts. But, it is coming whether we like it or not and it's fun to have a list to look at, or even look back at years later. I do want to include Jen's video about her blogmas which will look different than mine since she is focusing on memory keeping in her blogmas.


No comments