Thankful Thursday - Week 4 - Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! Welcome back to another week of Thankful Thursdays! This is week four of Thankful Thursday 2017! If you don't know what Thankful Thursdays are on my blog, refer to this blog. There are always so many blessings right in front of us; we just have to open our eyes and hearts to receive them. So what am I thankful for this past week?


“Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever.” - Psalm 106:1




  1. Alone Time - People seem to think because I'm good at talking to people and enjoying meeting new people that I want to be the life of the party all the time. That could not be farther from the truth. I am grateful for the time spent by myself; running, planning, reading, learning, etc. I learn more about myself, and accomplish many things.

  2.  Family Time - With that being said, I do enjoy the time spent with my family. My little ones are truly the joy of my life. I love the drawings, the hugs, and the talks about their day and how innocent it is. I enjoy talking to my siblings and challenging them to different duels of crazy things. And I love talking to my parents, going out to eat with them. I am so grateful for my family, even with all of their quirks.

  3. Reading - This year I have been feeling great about my reading, especially during the summer. I have really started to find genres that I love. Plus the Popsugar reading challenge has really helped me branch out to find new books without feeling tied down to certain books, like a book club would have me tied to books. I am grateful to live where I can read whatever I want to read, and enjoy the the amazingness of reading whatever whenever.

  4. Little Things -  This is something that I am really starting to be grateful for this year. It's so simple. I am loving hilarious podcasts, I love how notebooks feel, how certain ornaments are twinkling because of the light. I am grateful for starting to zone in on the small things. It makes life seem so much more grand than it really is.

  5.  Grace - Recently in the last month, I have started giving myself grace. I don't have to be doing something for someone else all of my extra time. I don't have to be blogging in my spare moments. I will and can catch up on my blog, at my pace! I am really grateful to start giving myself this simple thing.

  6. My Home - As the weather gets colder here in Alabama, I realize how fortunate I am to have an insulated house with heat. Granted we don't use the heat, but a lot of the devices and lights in our home give heat to the house so without it gets cold. Our power went out the other night and we felt it a lot. And I knew then I was really grateful for the home we live in.

  7.  My job - Many times I act like I'm not grateful for the job that I have. But I really am. I am grateful for the boss, that really does care, and one that will pray over you if you look like you are having a bad day. I have a boss that I know is struggling personally but he doesn't let it affect him. I'm also grateful for my other jobs; being a mom, owning a business, and having a partnership. It means the world to me.
That's all for this week. There will be one more installment for this year. What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

No comments