October 2017 Favorites

Well, MERRY CHRISTMAS! Ok so you are thinking I'm nuts because it's just November. Well my tree is up! I'm actually at Disney right now, like right now. It was a great month that did not end like I had been planning it to end. And I'm really, really okay with that.



October is about trees revealing colors they've hidden all year. People have an october as well. - Jm Storm

My birthday of course is the first day of October, yes that's why it's so fabulous! I had the most crazy birthday. I had a smash cake at 27! It was hilarious! It was suppose to be my last birthday as a Collins, but we will get into that shortly. I spent the first full week of October reading, working, and buying Lularoe. (Can we just take a minute and realize how much time I have spent buying clothes?!?!) The next week someone entered back into my life and knocked me completely off my balance. Chris returned to me as a friend, a single friend. And our chemistry was undeniable. We went to a charity ball that he helps fund and I fell hard. Hard enough that I called off my wedding with Vinny. I was stumped the next week trying to figure out my feelings and where to go with everything. I still enjoyed Halloween things but my mind kept returning to the same men. And then I had to make a choice do I stay home and leave with Vin for the wedding later or do I call off the wedding and follow Chris to Disney early? I went to Disney with Chris and the rest is history. We loved celebrating Halloween at Disney! We actually trick or treated at the party a few nights before Halloween. Halloween night we spent at the hospital. Everything turned out okay for me, I just really have to watch my blood sugar because it drops. And yes Chris took over my mind over going to the gynecologist and having another root canal.

Beauty:

ECLIPSE - LIQUID LIPSTICK Lipland - I know I said I was super addicted to Lipsense. I promise I am but omg! These are right up there as well. I love this color so much I could squeeze it and kiss it. It's perfect for the fall. It's epic actually. Just truly a liquid lipstick that I love.

Skincare:

GLOW RECIPE Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser - Cleanser or mask? Why not both? If you are looking for an either or this is the winner. I love this cleanser. It's a great every night cleanser. It's super bouncy. It smells like blueberry and it even has blueberry bits in it!

Food:

7 Can Chicken Taco Soup - Chris and I are obsessed with making this. We eat tacos a lot since getting together. But the soup is to die for! It's so yummy! I like freezing it for later. It keeps forever practically if you freeze it!

Lifestyle:

Emily Ley Printables - Let's chalk this up; October was all about a guy and Emily Ley. I mean I had heard of Emily Ley. Signed up for her emails, glanced at her planners. I'm not sure what happened. But wow! I was missing a gem. Her printable library is amazing. I am amazed that it is free! I have printed so many it's unreal at this point.

Book:

American Witches: A Broomstick Tour through Four Centuries by Susan Fair - This book is very underrated in my opinion. It's written not in a scholar way but every day language. I laughed at how outright her opinions were worked into the book. It was hilarious, and yet very informative. I realized how much research she put into this book. I really loved it.

Music/Movie:

Dusk Til Dawn - ZAYN featuring Sia - Chris played this the night we went to the charity ball and I'm still obsessed with it. I'm not sure when this song will not be in my head. I think it's because Chris meant the words to this song and it has haunted my brain. I love it so much.

Clothing: 

I Like How You Lean Leather Boot - I love how not me these are. I usually love to try out different styles of boots from the popular. I love cowgirl boots, traditional and nontraditional, over the knee, lace up, zip up, slip on, booties. But I like how edgy these are. They are great for long walks even and I like that I can wear them with leggings.

Tried & True Returning Favorite: 

The Worst Witch - Every since I was little girl I have watch this movie even when it wasn't Halloween. It was Harry Potter before there was Harry Potter. It started my obsession with witches that still holds true to this day.

New Obsession:

Like honestly what comes to mind is Chris. Like having the first friend in when I moved back to Alabama four years ago come back into my life. And then becoming the more that I was afraid to ask for. If you read my latest Tea Time with Hunter now you understand.

Favorite Blog Post or YouTube Video:

WEEKLY TOP TEN: VOL 89
Chris and I are both obsessed with Emily Ley stuff. He has a Dapper Desk and I am loving her planners more and more. So who knows. 

Disney: 

Walking around the Wilderness Lodge and falling in love with this hunky Italian guy. I loved finding magic of Disney World with his two year old full of spunk and dressing up with both of them. S is the cutest alligator of all time. Dance parties on the bed and in the living room of our cabin. Dance parties have always been a huge part of mine and Chris's friendship.

Mommy Favorite:

Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson; I love the cartoon on Netflix (and so does my cat he literally watches the whole 30 minutes!) I bought the book last year and decided to read it to Chris's little boy and he absolutely loved. It became his nightly bedtime story. And if you don't believe go check out the 5 star rating on Amazon with almost 2,000 reviews. That should speak for itself.

No comments