Thankful Thursday 2017 - Week One

Welcome back to Thankful Thursdays! This is week one! If you don't know what Thankful Thursdays are on my blog, refer to this blog from last year. There are always so many blessings right in front of us; we just have to open our eyes and hearts to receive them. So what am I thankful for this past week?


The Lord’s love never ends; his mercies never stop. They are new every morning; Lord, your loyalty is great. I say to myself, “The Lord is mine, so I hope in him.” - Lamentations 3:22-24

  1. When things change in your life you are worried about the decision for yourself. However, if the change is big enough you have to worry about how it will affect others around you. I was so grateful for the fact that my family supported me through a very difficult decision. They stuck by me, and while a few had some rather rude input, the majority helped me pray and go forth with my decision.
  2. While other people are sad to see 80 degree weather leave, I stayed on the porch waving as the rain squashes it and the cold air pushes through! To be able to feel fresh air in the morning after rushing around instead of feeling my hair go all troll doll is invigorating. I'm pretty sure I looked toward the heavens every day that we have had cooler weather and whispered or shouted, "Thank you Lord!"
  3. Oils have been something I have wanted to do for years now. I would dabble here and there. However, recently when someone came into my life they brought their oil stash with them. It has really helped me except with a few health issues I'm still suffering from this year. We think we are zoning in on what is wrong with me. But we are not sure. But essential oils have really helped me!
  4. I have been saving this information for a post that wasn't just about this. I have stepped back from my bridal business. I am not longer the sole owner, nor the head manager. It feels good to be off from work, but still be "working." I needed a vacation to help me think things through, and just let loose. I have also been able to discover new things and new communities.
  5. Speaking of new communities and new things, I am grateful to have the opportunity to be able to do that. Reading about places around the world where they are fighting for their lives and the lives of their loved ones and not able to discover themselves or try new things makes me sad. I mean, I get frustrated because my Dr. Pepper spews on me and while other people would just be glad to have the Dr. Pepper to drink. Sometimes I forget how grateful I should be.
  6. I am very grateful for having a wonderful Halloween season. I watched plenty of movies, carved pumpkins, and dressed up several times. It reminded me of being a kid again. I highly recommend Halloween traditions like Christmas traditions. It's super fun!
  7. Health is something I have really taken more serious in the past two years. This year it was about oral health and I am very thankful for insurance and the ability to pay to get out of pain. But I'm also thankful to be able to choose doctors and dentist instead of not having that option. I am really grateful for my freedom.
What are you thankful for this week? Stay 

No comments