Thankful Thursday 2017 - Week 3

Welcome back to another week of Thankful Thursdays! This is week three! If you don't know what Thankful Thursdays are on my blog, refer to this blog. There are always so many blessings right in front of us; we just have to open our eyes and hearts to receive them. So what am I thankful for this past week?


The answer is, if you eat or drink, or if you do anything, do it all for the glory of God. - 1st Corinthians 10:31



  1. Alabama Football - I am pretty sure this has made it on a list before in previous years, but I come back to it every year. There are many reasons why I am thankful for this sport. It brings my family together. Collins are special people who live off of college football. Another reason is that it reminds me of my roots no matter where I travel to in the world. When September arrives, it's football time, no matter where I am. I am glad and very proud to be apart of the Crimson Tide community. And proud to be an alumni of the University of Alabama.

  2. Christmas Music - Yep, the candy was dump from the trick or treat bags and this Mama was croonin' to White Christmas with Bing! I know this is a strange thing to be thankful for but I am grateful for the memories the songs bring. Santa Baby makes me think of my great grandmother that passed away. Michael Buble's latest Christmas album from 2011 makes me think of my first Christmas back in Alabama back in 2013.
  3. Running - I have another year of big runs under my belt. I have a few more fun runs towards the end of the year. Running is something I am grateful for because it gives me head space and helps keep me in shape. I have tried several other things, but nothing gives the liberating feeling of just running for all I am worth. I realize I have serious runner's high. Not many understand it, but that's okay. I am perfectly happy and grateful for having an activity where I feel extremely comfortable.
  4. Blogging - I know I have been terrible about catching up this year. But I always shoot big and fall very short. But I am hoping with a better organizing system coming that things will change. I am grateful for blogging, because it's a place to share my life and memories. Showing my creative side and just enjoying life on the internet.
  5. Donating - I really believe in passing down most clothes and toys from one sibling to another, if they last. Toys especially, except the ones that are broken, or that no one is ever playing with. The broken ones are thrown way. The ones that are collecting dust are thrown away. The clothes are past down for the most part except coats and underwear. Underwear for obvious reasons. But coats for a different one. I like to donate the coats when our children have outgrown them no matter what. I love packing up the old and taking it out.
  6. Medicine - I know many people are big users of essential oils and this house is just starting to enjoy and invest in them. But I have to be very grateful for medicine. I have several people in my life that are insulin dependent. So I am very grateful for modern medicine, regardless of how others feel in their own personal walks of life. 
  7. Dentist - This sort of ties into medicine, but it doesn't. As a child I didn't have a good dentist. I do not have the scary and frightening stories others do, I just remember feeling helpless. The dentist I had in middle school was better, but I was still scared. And he eventually move away. So finding this dentist was incredible. I am grateful for having a dentist that has a beautiful facility that is inviting. For a dentist office to be inviting is saying something. But the dentist I see is very nice. He wants me to stop him if something becomes too painful. That is incredible to me and I am so grateful for that!
What have you been grateful for this week?

No comments