7 Apps for Wellness

Hello again everybody! I hope you are enjoying the last full week of July! Today I want to talk to you about wellness. Not necessarily weight loss or fitness, but wellness in general. So many people think that wellness means not sick or losing weight. Wellness is how your body is and feels.



These are just a few of the wellness apps that I use.

I am not a doctor in any sense, but these are the apps that I feel like are making me live a better life.

Headspace - Starting on the meditation journey was not an easy one for me. I started with a few other free or cheap apps. I felt it easier to fall asleep. But then I saw Headspace being advertised on a blog. And when I read that Emma Watson even loves that had me hook. But, not just a celebrity endorsement can push the product like the way it works can. I love the animation, how easy it is to use. The options that it offers. Yes, it does cost, but you can easily see why when you start using it. It has a seamless design to it.

Lose It - An old friend for sure. I have had this app since I had the first iPod with output speakers on it. I've loved this app for a very long time. But now, it has, even more, uses for me. It tracks everything with food! I do mean everything. I have the plus version. I promise it is amazing!

Clue - I've been a Clue user for over 3 years now, close to 4 years. It was still a rather small app at the time. It's huge now and for a good reason. It is amazing! It helps you track everything. I have loved having this app for medical purposes! It's been so nice to have that to show my different doctors.

YourDailyWalk - I have loved Leslie Sansone for a very long time. I have several of her DVDs. Then one day I thought maybe her videos would be on Youtube. I found her on there and kind of forgot about her being on there. When I went back towards the end of the year I realized she had her own app! It's been fantastic for the days that running isn't feasible with my schedule. Plus, it can low or high impact.

Lumosity - I would like to thank TheResetGirl for getting me on this train. Because I have all about some routines this year. It was in one of her posts on Routines. Oh I love this brain game! It really helps me, however, sometimes I do want to throw my phone because I can't get past a certain level on certain games. But it really does challenge you!

Activity/#Heart/Health - The wonders of having an Apple Watch. Activity is the app that shows up close and details of your movement for the day; moving, standing, and exercising. Heart lets me see a closer view of my heart rate at different times of the day. It was great when I was going through a really hard time with my leg. And then Health! Oh, the place where everything gathers. Food, from Lose It is tracked, Headspace meditation is tracked and all of those things from Activity is tracked. I believe the Apple Watch gives you more than Fitbit you just have to know how to use it.

Synct - This is an Alabama thing. If you live in Alabama, and your physician isn't on this app ask them to join up! It's amazing. I can ask the doctor questions at night. I can ask for a refill. I can even have something called out for a sinus infection without actually having to see the doctor! Now that is a win!

Do you have apps that inspire you to stay healthy and well? Please let me know in the comments! I love finding these things! 

No comments