Autumn in the Mountains!



First of all, is autumn your favurite season? Why or why not?

Of course it is! I like the cooler days after a miserably hot summer. I like when the leaves change colors and pumpkins and scarecrows and Halloween decorations are everywhere. And of course football season!

Is it ‘autumn’ or 'fall’, to you?

Autumn these days, but I love the phrase "Happy Fall, Ya'll!"     

What kind of weather does your area get during this season?  

Hot with mildly cool days... Unless we head to the Smoky Mountains.

Were you born in an autumn month?

Yup, October!



Do you pay attention to any 'fall fashions’?
     
Boots and sweaters

Which leaf color is your favorite?      

I like them all, but prefer red.

Is it still fun to rake the leaves and jump in piles of them?

Yes as long as there are no sweet gum balls in there...  

When can you really tell that it’s autumn?  
      
When it starts getting cooler and the leaves start changing colors… but that’s not exactly when I start decorating/celebrating ;)



Do you still enjoy carving pumpkins?    

I do! I carve foam and real pumpkins each year!

Do you eat the pumpkin seeds? If so, do you put any kind of flavoring on it?

I made some last year for the very first time and on half of them I just put salt and on the other half I put cinnamon.    

Are you planning to go to a pumpkin patch this year?

We have already been! And going again!

Which was your favorite Halloween costume to wear?  
           
I'm not sure.



Are you planning to go trick-or-treating? Why or why not?

Yep!

Are there any county fairs held nearby during this time? 
           
If we were home,

What is your favourite dessert for this time of year?

Pecan Pie.

Is your Thanksgiving Day in October or November, if you even celebrate it? 
     
November.



If you do celebrate it, where do you usually have Thanksgiving dinner?

It used to be at my grandma's, now I have my own.

Do you remember any crafts you used to do that were autumn-themed?      
    
Leave rubbing and pumpkin carving

Are any of your favorite bands doing a fall tour this year? 
       
I don’t know.

Which new TV show are you looking forward to this season?

I'm not but new episodes of all the NCIS shows! Plus DWTS!  



How does autumn typically make you feel?   
   
Happy duh.

What color do you always associate with autumn?  

Orange, red, brown, yellow.

Is there a song that always reminds you of this season?

When Autumn Leaves Start to Fall and Summer Skin

Do you have any seasonal traditions?  

Lots!



Do you spend a lot of time outside during this time of the year?  
         
Oh yes!

When can you tell that fall is over?        

Thanksgiving. That's when it's over for me. When Santa gets to Macy's that's it. Bye bye fall.

What is a typical autumn outfit that you wear?

Sweater, leggings or skinny jeans, boots.

Describe a perfect autumn day:   
           
Getting in the morning with it really cold and partly sunny going for a long run. Coming back to a hot shower, and then a steaming cup pumpkin spice tea while reading my Bible on the back porch. Raking leaves with the kids, then cooking lunch and having a family picnic in the back yard with the kids. Then baking and watching Halloween shows and movies with the kids.



Don’t you hate it when stores start promoting Christmas way too early?  
    
Nah - I get even more excited

What is your favorite thing about this season?

Everything, the colors, football, and food!

No comments