12 Things To Do For Lent 2020

Hey everyone! Happy Ash Wednesday! I hope you had a wonderful Mardi Gras. Ours was interesting and fun. We learned a lot because our kids asked a lot of questions!


"Seek a relationship when you pray, not answers. You won't always find answers, but you will always find Jesus." - Father Mike Schmitz

Below is the list of what my family will be doing for the Lenten season. Use this list for your family to come up with your own traditions!


  • Preparing for Lent with a social media fast - This was what I did last week to help me focus on the important things in my life. 



  • She Reads Truth Lent Book - For Lent, She Reads Truth has picked out the book of Jeremiah which is slightly odd, but I think I'm up for a challenge.


  • Cinnamon Roll Kings Cake - This recipe just really stood out to me this year! Because last year I ordered one and it was awful! It was so dry! I'm glad to be making my own! 



  • I'm starting with getting the ashes on my forehead. This tradition has been a favorite for me for about 7 years now! 



  • Burying the Alleluia - This year one of my youngest, Ala, is painting the words Alleluia on a cloth. We are burying and not saying or singing Alleluia as much as we can.



  • Clean Out The House for 40 days and donated at the end - This is huge at our house. We will be donating toys, clothes, can goods, etc! 



  • Add Something healthy - I plan on making flossing every night a habit. I'm doing this instead of giving up things.



  • Create a morning and nighttime prayer habit - Before sitting or as you sit up in your bed, pray. And before completely laying down pray!






  • Lent Devotion Jesus Tree - This is a wonderful activity for the kids and making sure they feel involved and learn!

  • Resurrection Eggs - I think we are going to make our own this year, but you can buy them!

  • Decorating for Lent - Along with our Easter stuff (think bunnies and crosses), we are dedicating areas for Lent as well.
I have enjoyed learning more about the Lent season and incorporating it with our family. How do you like to celebrate Lent?


No comments