Thankful Thursdays 2016 - Week 4 - Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! Welcome back to another week of Thankful Thursdays! This is week four and the final Thankful Thursday of 2016! If you don't know what Thankful Thursdays are on my blog, refer to this blog for this year. There are always so many blessings right in front of us; we just have to open our eyes and hearts to receive them. So what am I thankful for this past week?



Psalm 106:1 “Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever.”




1. Homeschooling - I am so thankful that God blessed us the resources for our children to be homeschooled. It is frightening what goes on at schools now and even what could go on at school (even going to and from school.) While I know I can't protect my children from the world; I can protect them in my home. They go on field trips, and hang out with different homeschooling groups. We don't make it mandatory they do the time with the different groups, but usually they want to do it. It works out fantastically.

2. Traditions - It's that time of year where traditions really come out. I'm glad there are a few that I still can do with my family. However, I'm extremely glad to start new ones in my own family. I have heard of families not respecting each other and having huge fights because of in-laws and things like that. It's so discouraging. I am very thankful that our family for the most part is peaceful!

3. My Upbringing - My dad wanted a boy, and he got me. His first born, which is, as you know, how I got my name, Hunter. My dad taught me how to shoot a gun at the age of four. I was shooting a bow at the age 2. And I was learning how to throw a knife by the age 8. He taught me how to fight. He told me to think for myself. He told me to work for the things that I wanted. Many believe that I was giving everything by that man. No I worked for it. I wanted to make him proud more than I wanted things. I knew he wouldn't do things for me, and if I expected him to it he wouldn't be pleased. I am so grateful for the way I was raised.

4. Paper & Glam Communities - Lisamarie has greated environments where people can be relaxed but have common grounds. She has a God & Glam group, Planner group, Seasonal Living group, and a reading club group. Those groups have transformed my life in the past year. I have read a devotional with the Godly group. I have learned about planning out monthly bucket lists with the planning group. I have decorated for each holiday thanks to the seasonal living group. And I've read atleast a book a month thanks to the book club!

5. Things I Take for Granted - Running water, food, shelter, clothes, insurance, etc. There are so many things in my life that I am thankful for that I forget. It's always been there and I take it for granted. But I am thankful for those things. God has given me so much in life. I just want to say how grateful I am for everything I have, even the things that I think are bad and will turn out to be a good thing.

6. Another Year of Blogging - Looking back at last year's Thanksgiving Day post, I realize how lucky I am to still be blogging. How much things have changed, and how I have changed is incredible. Blogging has lead me to so many different things this year and they have all been fantastic! I'm very lucky that I have a platform where I can talk about my life and the things in it! For this is my 800th blog post!

7. Y'all - Yep, you guys the readers of this blog! I realize there aren't many of you, but for the ones that there are I'm grateful you stop by. This blog is meant to help you discover new things in life, even if I have to show them to you through my life. I'm thankful for you and I hope you are truly blessed!

What are you thankful for this week? How was your Thanksgiving or your regular Thursday?

No comments