Blogmas Day 21: Third Week Advent

Hey everyone! I hope you have had a wonderful weekend! We are so close to Christmas! I am not looking forward to it ended at all. While most people are looking for Christmas to be over with, I'm not. I enjoy it and relish it.


And in the same region, there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. - Luke 2:8

Oh, I'm loving this Christmas season! Seriously, I believe it's because of Advent! More people should make a place for Advent in their lives at home! It helps our family so much! The tree isn't just for decoration then.

We decorated our neighborhood's sign, something I had forgotten about until this past week. We prayed over the neighborhood that is growing so that we might bring more people to Christ. We baked more cookies for gifts, and then we made Stained Glass Cinnamon Candy, from She Reads Truth Advent Book. Also from the Advent Book, we made Candy Cane Date balls for a quick and healthy snack or breakfast with a holiday flair!

I managed to get two more stitches does in my cross-stitch. I really do not think this is going to be a new hobby for me. I admire the people who do. I guess I can continue to work on it. However, I am eyeballing the hobby of paper quilling. This season has taught me that no one is perfect. Not even people that are saved or the people who appear to have it all together.

The kids have gone caroling to different retirement homes in hopes to bring joy to the elderly. Oh, they came home not grouchy, but with so many stories of people who hugged them like they were their own grandparents. It's, interesting to me how sometimes it's the small things that bring joy, young and old. The kids and a few of us are making plans for a live Nativity next year! We want to bring joy to our community and we are going big or we are coming home. I also want a decoration contest next year in our neighborhood. Something, so that our neighborhood isn't so drab.

I want us to just be the light and joy from Christ!


No comments