New Year Reflection

It's the beginning of the year! So let's start with some questions! Answer these for yourself for some reflection as the year begins!



These are some more personal questions, that I usually don't answer, but why not this year?

1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
Seen the Phantom of the Opera in London, had tea on a double decker bus, ran all of the runDisney races, and bought a RV.

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I actually kept most of the more simpler ones that I made. Which that made me feel good once I realized that. And I will for this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep! Crimson Eve, who is just the sweetest baby, made her entrance in October!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yeah, college friends and an aunt



5. What countries did you visit?
United Kingdom, France, Bahamas, Jamaica, Mexico, and Cayman Islands

6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Balance, structure, and pizazz

7. What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Just the month of September, traveling to Europe was unforgettable. 

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Racing all over the world!



9. What was your biggest failure?
Going back to old habits

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had some feminine trouble, some knee pain scares, and some colds

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My stickers for my planner - that little ounce of happiness

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jessica's her strength, forgiveness, and determination just amazes me.



13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Old acquaintances, people on the internet, and my uncles.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Stickers and Disney

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Running

16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Silhouette - Aquilo



17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Sadder - Working on that
ii. Thinner or fatter? Thinner
iii. Richer or poorer? Richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Being with my kids

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Letting people and my lack of productivity get to me.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With IVs because I got dehydrated, but I did get sent home with my family!



21. Did you fall in love in 2016?
I actually did which was totally unexpected! 

22. What was the best holiday this year?
4th of July was pretty awesome....

23. How many one-night stands?
None

24. What was your favorite TV program?
NCIS...



25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not really, that list has remained the same.

26. What was the best book you read?


27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Oh yeah!

28. What did you want and get?
That's a lengthy list. I guess my biggest blessing was that things worked out.



29. What did you want and not get?
New mattress and new desk

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Ummmmmm, Fantastic Beast was my absolute favorite to come out this year, but then I would say Finding Dory.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26! I got engaged at Disney, and Alabama won their homecoming and I got a lot of clothes and my best friend gave me an amazing gift as well!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably satisfying?
Seeing the pile of medals on my wall and not being able to get them into one picture.



33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
More laid back, but yet put together

34. What kept you sane?
My best friend

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Evan Peters

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
There were several, but I'm glad we are moving in the direction that we are instead of retreating even further.



37. Who did you miss?
Mewmaw

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Running crew!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016:
Grace is very well needed to give yourself.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

I owned ever second that this world could give.



No comments