Blogmas Day 30: New Year's Eve Survey

And here we are, everyone, at the end of blogmas! I have had so much fun with this! I really do hope to do this again next year. I think it's been very beneficial for me. So let's finish up the year with some questions!


“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something.” —Neil Gaiman



1. What did you do in 2019 that you’d never done before?

Gave birth, go out of the country at least once, participated in an Advent study.

I'm sure there were other things I did for the first time.


2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I no longer do resolutions. I'm all about the goals, and I would say that at least 7 out of 10 were worked on!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

ME! Riley, Ridge, LJ, MIA, and

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Thankfully no.

5. What countries did you visit?

I actually managed to stay in the US the entire year! Wow!

6. What would you like to have in 2020 that you lacked in 2019?

Confidence, positivity, balance, and magic

7. What date from 2019 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

On September 1st, my babies were born.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Birthing, and readathons




9. What was your biggest failure?

Negativity, budgeting, and learning

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

THIS YEAR I DIDN'T! I did have some gum recession but that's about it!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Silhouette, shoes, and vitamins

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Jessica's strength, forgiveness, and determination just amaze me.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Coworkers!

14. Where did most of your money go?

Food, baby stuff, and Disney

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Readathons, babies, and trips!

16. What song will always remind you of 2019?

Miia - Dynasty

Dan + Shay - Tequila





17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Happier
ii. Thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. Richer or poorer? Richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Being present, and not in the past of the day!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Letting people and situations steal my joy. Fixating on the negative!

20. How did you spend Christmas?

With bestie and my family opening presents!


21. Did you fall in love in 2019?

I actually did with my babies!

22. What was the best holiday this year?

I thoroughly enjoyed Halloween and Christmas this year!

23. How many one-night stands?

None

24. What was your favorite TV program?

Designing Women





25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Yep! Thunderclap! Oh, I really don't hate, but STRONG dislike!

26. What was the best book you read?

Oh goodness! Reading the Signs - Keira Andrews

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Miia - Dynasty (Thank you, Ezra)

28. What did you want and get?

Healthy babies!

29. What did you want and not get?

New pillows, and Golden Girl Merch.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

FROZEN II!!!!!!!!
I also enjoyed Downton Abbey, Toy Story 4, and Aladdin

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 29! I was at Disney, and we went to the Halloween party that night. But that afternoon I got the worst leg cramp I have ever gotten in my entire life. Like I had tears, my toes wouldn't move and I was clinging to the pool ladder pole.


32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably satisfying?

My best friend getting to come home!





33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2019?

As comfy as I can get without looking like a homeless person.

34. What kept you sane?

My best friend

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

... I don't know. I didn't dwell on that much this year.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

Just how nobody can be in the same room as anyone else... It's horrible. The differences in opinions are okay to have, people!

37. Who did you miss?

I'm not really sure I miss anyone...

38. Who was the best new person you met?

Does Brenda at work count?

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2019:

Even if you do the right thing, things don't end up how you expect them to.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

A Thrill of Hope


Happy New Year everyone! I hope to see you roaring in the twenties!

No comments