Favorite Attractions at Animal Kingdom


Disney Queen here checking for the latest on her favorites of a Disney area. Get your wild side on for the Disney's Animal Kingdom favorites! This is slightly harder for me because Animal Kingdom is my least favorite park of Disney World. 

...

It's not that I don't like it, quite the opposite but I just don't get the pull like I do from the other parks. Sure it's exciting and very educational, but the other parks have something at every turn and corner to catch your attention (okay except Innovations at EPCOT.) Animal Kingdom does have a lot to offer but I just feel like it could have more. But let's not dwell on the negative, onwards!


Tusker House


At this colorful Harambe marketplace eatery, you’ll find a family-focused buffet brimming with African flavors. -- Walt Disney World: Tusker House Restaurant
Breakfast or brunch at the Animal Kingdom has to be here for me! I enjoy it so much! You can eat all you want (get the ham and the spicy mustard) and then of course, my favorite part of the Tusker House, The Jungle Juice. Now the kiddies get to meet Mickey Mouse and the gang here in their safari outfits. It's a blast for them to get autographs and enjoy a breakfast. I really recommend this even if you don't have kids.

Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain 


Careen through the Himalayan mountains on a speeding train while avoiding the clutches of the mythic Abominable Snowman. -- Walt Disney World: Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
The queue for this ride is interesting enough itself. The notes and camp items set up for people waiting to board the train to look at and observe. I strongly suggest riding this in the morning and right before the park closes. Plus, if it at all possible ride once in the very front. You will feel like the king of Disney World, trust me that's all the hint I am giving you. Plus, smile for the picture as you plunge!




Flight of Wonder


Namaste! Let your spirits soar as exotic birds display their guile and grace in this inspirational, educational show. -- Walt Disney World: Flight of Wonder
This show is amazing! There are several memories for me tied with the show. The show doesn't change, but I love the knowledge and the crowd interaction. This is a great chance to see birds that you almost won't see anywhere else. The kids are always fascinated by it. Some children might be slightly scared of the birds flying. But it's now a must do for me and my family.


Kali River Rapids


A rip-roaring, river raft ride that takes you on a tour through a lush jungle landscape ravaged by illegal logging. -- Walt Disney World: Kali River Rapids
Roulette comes to mind with this ride. You never know who exactly is going to walk away from the sopping wet! I do recommend a change of clothes after this ride. Sure some people wimp out and wear a poncho on this ride, but I will say that it won't do much good and takes away some of the fun. There are all sorts of surprises on this soaking wet water ride!


Kilimanjaro Safaris


Ride off in an open-air vehicle for a tour of a lush African savanna, home to exotic animals like lions and elephants. -- Walt Disney World: Kilimanjaro Safaris
This is probably the attractions I have been to the most often in Animal Kingdom. I recommend riding this morning right after the Castmembers have fed the animals. This one gets to me because it's some animals you don't see at a local zoo and this doesn't have visible bars and such for the visitors. The guided tour is pretty awesome. Plus in the future Disney is saying there will be nightly tours! That will be incredible.




Primeval Whirl

Spin and slide on a time-machine coaster back to the dinosaur age through a madcap maze of curves and drops. -- Walt Disney World: Primeval Whirl

This is a "kiddie coaster." I say that with quotes because it can be intense! It has sharp drops and curves and twirls! It's a blast though because you never know when something is going to happen to your time machine!

Finding Nemo - The Musical


Based on the hit animated movie, this must-“sea” adventure makes a splash with spectacular music and stunning theatrical puppetry. -- Walt Disney World: Finding Nemo - The Musical
I will never forget the first time I watched this. I was expecting something very childish and boring. However, I was blown away at this performance! These people are so in character that they really bring to life the movie! You forget that there are humans moving the characters around and just enjoy the show - and bubbles!



It's Tough to be a Bug


Discover what it’s like to be a bug during this 3D film and live show inspired by the Disney•Pixar film, A Bug’s Life. -- Walt Disney World: It's Tough to be a Bug
The first time I saw this I swore I would never go back. Yeah that went out the door. Yes it can be scary for young kids. Even the spiders still scare me at times! Also when the "bad" bugs come out be sure to lean up especially if you have a bad back or a sensitive back because bugs are not so kind to your back!

Festival of the Lion King

Go ape for the triumphant return of pageantry and puppetry at this big-as-Broadway show celebrating Simba, the lion cub who would be king—now at home in Africa at the all-new Harambe Theater! -- Walt Disney World: Festival of the Lion King
Seeing Lion King on broadway was amazing, but seeing this was even more amazing! I love how they really get the crowd involve! It's like a pep rally with music and cheering. The story comes alive and the skill of these performers are top! They really push boundaries!




Honorable Mentions:

Yak and Yeti

Hungry after your Himalayan trek? Tempt your taste buds with a feast of Asian fare—teriyaki beef bowls, roasted vegetable couscous wraps, egg rolls, fried rice and more.  -- Walt Disney World: Yak and Yeti
This is my go to counter service in Animal Kingdom when on the dining plan! Hello egg rolls as snack credits?!?! Sign me up! I always enjoy this eatery. It's something that is very different for a quick service at Disney World. They have a wonderful range in food.

Unique shops


Each park of Disney World has their own shops. The Animal Kingdom has the most unique shops (to me that is) of the parks. The shops in Animal Kingdom have a huge variety of products. For a list of shops go here: Animal Kingdom Shops



Leave me comments every where telling me what your favorites are! 

1 comment

  1. I love how you structured this post! Your writing and blogging is coming along so much! I love you watching you grow and expand as a blogger.

    ReplyDelete