Sunday's Questions with A Pop of Jess: Vol. 2

Welcome back to Sunday's Questions Series with A Pop of Jess! Every Sunday for the next 19 weeks I'll be doing thought provoking questions with Jessica from A Pop of Jess. We have a 100 questions and will be answering 5 a week. We are doing this for personal growth and to let everyone get to know different things about us. The questions was sent to us to answer at once, but we decided that it would be a better idea to extend the questions to a few each week.

Answering these questions publicly is a huge risk for us so we hope you enjoy them. Jessica is the author of A Pop of Jess and is the friend that I can always count on. Her interesting look on life is always unusual. Her post for today can be found here.

This week we have a few new thought provoking questions!

The Questions for 04/05/15

What dream have I been ignoring?


My most inner dreams come at me with a blur. Many times it's envy to what I think is a dream. If I become passionate about it I realize that it's not envy but a dream that I wish I could grasp into reality. Over my life I find new and intriguing dreams to pursuit.

“Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”

Taking time for myself... I realize that a dream I have been ignoring is something that I try to do. I just don't justify it well. A clearer mind and actually saying no to some things would be amazing for me to realize that I need to do.

God knows the plans that I have and He will mold them to fit His ultimate plans. I know that my dreams may not always be pleasing to Him and I have to learn that sometimes that's what failure means to me. But if I put God first in whatever I am doing I know it will be pleasing to him.

What flaw can I accept today?


Flaws use to mean that I wasn't enough. Now I know that they make me enough. They make me enough because it helps shapes who I am. Change to a person is a good thing. It's how people perceive themselves, not others, is what really matters.

"I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then."
The flaw that I am accepting today is that I'm not able to do everything in one day. I know that I try to take on too much at one time. I have to remind myself to sleep, to eat, and to say no when I need to in order to remain peaceful.

When God created me He didn't flaw me. I am created perfectly in His image. Now do I mess up? All the time but God forgives me when I ask for forgiveness. God gives me a lot of peace when I do that and I accept His blessings in His timing.

Where can I show more of my true self?


What does it mean to show our true selves? Maybe that can help us show our true selves if we knew what showing our true selves mean. What are these things?

First thing to do is show the world what you really love. Make a list of things that get your blood pumping, excitement builds in your chest and body when you think of these things.

Second, be bold enough to share your greatest accomplishments. So what if someone else has done it too. You overcame something just like they did to do it! Be proud of it! List the accomplishments.

Third, if no one judged you what would you go and do? This question is one that I love for many reasons because sometimes it's all the push I need. Do I really care what I think about other people? If I fail do they have any right to judge me just because they were too scared to do nothing?

Fourth, if life had no limits what would you do? What would you have? We all say to ourselves, “just imagine what I could do if I had...” Write it all down. Make it inspire you!

Fifth, if we had all the money in the world what would we do? Interestingly enough I read a book (for my book challenge even) that talked about if all the money in the world was divided up evenly eventually the amounts would go back to the same people who had more to begin with. Why is that because so many people don't really know what to do with money, and some don't care.

Sixth, Who do you admire most? That question that has haunted you since elementary school. Who do you admire? What attributes of theirs do you want?

So where can I show my true self more in my life? Well one I would show my true self more as a mother. Not letting anything hide from my daughters. Letting them be who they are so they can have their own sense in the world already.

Also at work, why hide behind walls, cabinets, shelves, or a cubicle? Those hours spent at that desk or work area are shaping your life make it your own. I will be from now on.


What is my body craving?


We fear rejection, want attention, crave affection, and dream of perfection.
My body crave many things at any given time. Right now it is craving organization. I feel the pull of my creative self being tugged out of its shell when I read an organization article. And heaven forbid I watch a video because I can barely sit still.


What new patterns and habits can I invite into my life?


I love new, because it means that it's crisp. Even if it's old it can still be new to me. Therefore, new organization is what I need to implement int my life. Routines of prioritizing my days need to be a new habit.

Also I am looking into FlyLady's ways of changing up things.

And for inspiration I am looking at these:

50 HEALTHY HABITS EVERY GIRL SHOULD HAVE

11 Morning Rituals That Can Change Your Life

5 Things to Do 10 Minutes Before You Go To Bed


No comments