Blogmas Day 28: Fourth Week of Advent

Hey everyone! I hope you had an amazing Christmas! I sure did! It was surrounded by family and friends and peace. Our advent season is coming to a close but our Christmastide celebration is just starting! This is a blessing for our family to continue the celebration of Christ!


When they saw the star, they were overwhelmed with joy. - Matthew 2:10




I really hate saying goodbye to my She Reads Truth Thrill of Hope Advent 2019. It has been such a beautiful study of God's word. Thanks to it besides biscuit and gravy made for us by a Senator (hey we get fancy around here) we had a delicious Christmas Morning Skillet with yummy cheese, green chilis, and eggs. We sliced into with coffee while the kids enjoyed their stockings from us and the biscuits.

This past week was us trying to remind the kids gently that it's more than just the presents. We delivered the last presents to the families in need, and the last few boxes of food to the food bank. We also took a big meal from Cracker Barrel to West Alabama Hospice for the families that are unfortunately yet fortunate to be at that facility. We are blessed that we have a facility that nice in our city. It was one of my little ones saying how peaceful it was there. And, we had a long discussion of peace on earth and what it means to each of us.

And I have to say that peace is what we felt this Christmas. We brought Christmas to other people this year and it felt amazing. Sometimes, you have to remember that if you give Christmas away sometimes it comes back 10 fold for you in your heart when you hear the awe in their voice because you've given them the Bible they wanted. Or you gave them the first Christmas present they've had in years. It's a special feeling that nothing you open is going to give you that feeling.

Where did I spend Christmas Day? Home! We didn't wake up until late this year. The weather was extremely warm and sunny, unfortunately. I celebrated with my family and with Jessica. My memories will be all the decorations, movies, Jessica's gifts, and tree, and decorating with my old coworker.

My favorite Christmas song this year was Kari Jobe singing O Holy Night. I loved giving away She Read Truth Bible. And I loved receiving socks because I seriously needed them. My favorite verses were Luke 2: 8- 14.



No comments