Christmas 2016 Survey

It's less than a week away until Christmas!! Are you excited?! Have you finished your shopping? As the temperature drops, I feel a deep need for warm blankets, hot chocolate, and little naps by the fire. Cozy sweaters and tall boots. Twinkling lights and comfort food. A great level of peace can be felt in this time of year.



If you are not in the Christmas spirit yet what's stopping you? Celebrate in your favorite ways! Keep memories of loved ones alive with how they liked to celebrate! Enjoy the questions below:


What's your favorite ornament hanging on your tree?

I have a whole post about this, you can view it here, http://fromheelstobootsin5secs.blogspot.com/2016/12/my-favorite-christmas-ornaments.html.

What's better: Sledding or Snow Angels?

Snow Angels

Do you put marshmellows in your hot chocolate?

I do. I like the dehydrated ones the most!



Tell me a funny sledding story.

When I lived in Washington state we went sledding a good bit. My favorite funny one was when my boot fell off and my sock was pulled off with it and I was terrified of getting my foot in the snow so I road the entire way down the hill with my foot in the air. It was hilarious!

Do you still get pictures with Santa?

I do, occasionally.

What's your favorite holiday food?

Hickory Farms anything. I will snack so much on these festive gift boxes.



What do you want for Christmas this year?

Lush stuff, planner stuff, and gift cards. That'as about it. Anything else is just extra!

Did you go shopping on Black Friday?

Not really.

Are you on the naughty or nice list?

Probably naughty


Give one reason why you think you're on the list you chose.

My mouth, and the basket I weaved with the best friend while looking at alligators...

Do you have fake trees or real trees?

Two real trees, the rest are fake.

Are you good at guessing what's inside the presents?

Nope, I'm absolutely terrible at it.


How early do you get up on Christmas morning?

Not as early as when I was a kid. My kids get up late. I haven't figured out how I got so lucky. My luck will probably run out when I have my own biological kids. Life will be crazy then.

Do you have a system for opening presents at your house?

Everyone has to wait while everyone opens up one gift. It takes longer, but it is much more meaningful that way.

How many days before Christmas do presents start appearing under your tree?

Pretty much once the tree is up, it's fair game. Unless you count the cat, Fudge, who doesn't bother the tree at all just likes how warm the lights are.


What's your favorite Christmas decoration?

I love nativities. I love how everyone's is unique. We actually have a few in our house. My little one in my home office is Holly Babies. The one in the living room is Charlie Brown.

Do you like icicle lights?

If that's the only decorations, then no I don't. If they fix it up nice, I'm okay with them. I don't personally use them.

Are you good at making Gingerbread houses?

Going to brag... Yes I am. I did not used to be and I decided I was going to become someone who could so I taught myself with the help of the internet.


Does it snow where you live?

Heck no. I live in central Alabama. It won't get close to snowing until middle of January, if even then.

If not, do you wish it did?

Oh yeah. I don't even care what the grumpy people say. I do wish it would.

Do you use advent calendars to count down the days til Christmas?

Yes we do. Each child has their own. Plus, we are doing advent wreath. And we have an advent tree. Trust me we love counting down.


What event lets you know that Christmas is coming up?

Hallmark Christmas Countdown is it for me. When the movies start that's it. Christmas all the way!

What's your favorite holiday drink from Starbucks?


  • Christmas Cookie Latte
  • Caramel BrulĂ©e Latte
  • Chestnut Praline Latte
  • Toffee Nut Latte
(Those are in order of my favorite; Top to bottom.)


Do you like red or green better?

This Crimson Tide girl loves her red/crimson.


Do you eat candy canes?

Yes, I do!

Have you ever made it on the news because your house is so decorated?

No, but there is always a possibility of that happening.

How many Christmas songs do you know by heart?

All of them. I actually get annoyed with caroling with people other than my family because they know only the first verse and then get stumped through the rest of the song. It's really annoying.


How good are you at wrapping presents?

Hehe, I actually have been to and watched several wrapping classes. I love Gift Wrap Wonderland at The Container Store.

What type of wrapping paper is your favorite?

Anything from The Container Store. As long as it's from there, I'm good.

Any cool family traditions?

My mom and I go by ourselves to view Christmas lights. My family does a lot throughout the Christmas season. So many memories are made.


Does your family get a picture taken and send it out in Christmas cards?

No, I prefer regular signed cards. It's just a personal thing.

Have you ever been to Rockefeller Center to see the tree?

Once!

What about Disney World?

Oh yes a bunch! I even went this year! I love Disney Christmas!


How many people do you buy presents for?

A lot! I have a big family, wonderful employees, generous coworkers, and the best of best friends.

Have you ever told a little kid Santa isn't real?

Garth, my brother. I haven't done it again though.

Do you have any cute holiday outfits?

I like to think so.


What type of tree topper[s] do you have?

Bows, angels, and stars

On a scale of 1-10, how decorated is your house?

I would give it a 9.

Would anyone ever call you a grinch?

Nope


Do you and your friends do "Secret Santas?"

No, not really.

Do you think Snowflake-Shaped Ritz Crackers taste better than regular ones?

No, not really. Though I have heard they can.

Do you go to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve?

We don't go to Midnight Mass, but we do go to church on Christmas Eve.



What Christmas movie do you watch EVERY YEAR at Christmas Time?


  • White Christmas
  • Preacher's Wife
  • Mistletoe over Manhattan
  • Father's Knows Best Home For Christmas
  • Santa Clause is Coming to Town
  • The First Christmas Snow
  • Rudolph
  • Christmas Vacation
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas
  • The Polar Express
  • Miracle on 34th Street
  • The Santa Clause
  • Frosty the Snowman
  • The Worst Christmas Pageant Ever
  • The House Without a Christmas Tree

Would you rather get one big gift or a lot of little gifts?

Little gifts

Whats the first thing you do after all your presents are opened?

Open the stockings, and then pile up the garbage. We watch church online, and get the food ready.


Whats more fun: the days leading up to Christmas, or Christmas itself?

The Days leading up to it! Christmas Day is boring and I usually sleep most of it.

Do you do any community service stuff around Christmas time?

Adopt a family for Christmas, soup kitchen, shoeboxes, Frankie rang the bell, etc

Are you excited for Christmas this year?

For the day? Eh. For the season? Oh yeah!



Merry Christmas! Answer these if you would like!

No comments