Advent Christmas Eve: Christ

Merry Christmas Eve! Tomorrow is Christmas! The day of Christ's birth! There are four comings of Christ. The first is His coming in the flesh, His birth, which we will celebrate tomorrow! The Second is His coming into the hearts of all who believe in him. The third is His coming at the hour of death to all who know Him as Lord and Savior and the fourth is His coming at the Final Judgement.


This advent season say a prayer of thanksgiving to God for the gift of His son.


This season has flown by for me. While I've enjoyed my decorations for 40 something days, the season has felt like it has flown by once again. There is still not peace on earth and right now there isn't much peace on earth, even if it is Christmas Eve. There are people crowding the malls hoping that they can find that last gift or get the last deal.

I have enjoyed this season do not get me wrong. I am very grateful that I am able to provide experiences for my children, and they will have presents under the tree while some children did not get those experiences and won't have presents under the tree. However, I'm praying that those families find peace, joy, hope and love. Because that's what this season is really about.

So many perfect pictures can be posted of cookies, trees, and presents. But what about the things listed above that cannot be pictured? Peace, Joy, Hope, and Love, that's what needs to be remembered going into the new year. If we have those things and Jesus, we cannot lose. People will see the shining light in us.

This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about. His mother Mary was engaged to marry Joseph, but before they married, she learned she was pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Matthew 1:18


No comments