Third Week of Advent 2016: Love

Love is all around us, but especially God's love. His wonderful plan of salvation was because of His great love us. To receive this gift of salvation, all we have to do is believe and receive.


And from far away the Lord appeared to his people and said, “I love you people with a love that will last forever. That is why I have continued showing you kindness. - Jeremiah 31:3

This year I have needed the love of the Lord so much. I wrote about this in November during one of my Thankful Thursdays posts. How I am so thankful that God wants an intimate relationship with us now, and for us to be with Him for all eternity. Why else would Jesus be born in a manger and die on a the cross? He provided the way for us to reach the Father.

Jesus loves each one of us more than we can understand, more than anyone could ever measure. He loves us more than our family loves us, more than our closest friend loves us. It's a gift this season that I'm not ready to give up just for the world, so people can be happy. I would rather be joyful than happy any day!

So celebrate the birth of Jesus, Our Savior!


No comments