Thankful Thursday: November 5, 2015


Let the peace that Christ gives control your thinking, because you were all called together in one body to have peace. Always be thankful. (Colossians 3:15)

As promised from last week I am starting Thankful Thursdays where I recap everything that has happened to make me grateful for the life that I have. Each day I am giving praises to God for so many things, but I want to really stress one thing each day to Him. The things that I may overlook every other day. 

Starting off my list is something that has really been weighing in on my mind. So many countries don't allow people to freely declare they are Christian. Granted it is getting harder to do in the USA, because people are being murdered for saying that they are. But I am still grateful to say that I am. I can boldly say that I believe in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. I believe that He died to save us from sin.

To follow up after that on my list I have that I can read my Bible publicly. People don't understand the amazing thing that is to be able to freely take your Bible and read it. To find comfort in God's word all the time is extraordinary. There is a reason it is the most read book of all time.

That being said, I live in a country where I have the freedom to choose what I read in my life. I have shelves of bookstores and libraries filled with different opinions, imaginations, and history. Having the freedom to read all of those words is a blessing that so many Americans take for granted. People find it amazing the things that I have learned from the Golden Girls, but one of the many things is when Stan's cousin visits. She arrives with her country just coming out from communism, she isn't sure how to deal with life. And she talks about the freedom to read books.

My education is always (and should always be) on my list of things I am thankful for all the time. This week it stood out to me, because my education was very different from today's education. I learned to write cursive, I knew my address before starting 1st grade, and I knew how to spell over 3000 words before the 3rd grade. That isn't the same anymore. So at the end of the day while I am reading horrendous stories about the education today I just silently praise the Lord for my education, and give Him an extra thank you for allowing me to homeschool my children.

The next them on my list for this week may come as a shock to many. I am known for not trusting to many doctors, nurses, etc. I am the one that will get three different opinions before believing anyone or what they have to say if I think they are quack. But I am grateful for the nurses and therapists that have really helped my children with special needs. They have been a saving grace for us. To really help our children strive where other children with the same things are lacking. It warms my heart to see my children achieving so many goals when other people said that they couldn't. 

Speaking of health, I might have a cold, but I am grateful that's really the only thing ailing me. I have low blood sugar and seizures, but God has really prevented any of those from being a hindrance to me. My health could be a lot worse because I see the little children fighting for their lives. The people that are in comas or trying to survive cancer. I pray that they may find healing. 

And last but not least, that I am able to provide nutritional food for my family. Notice I didn't say healthy or whole, vegan, paleo, etc... I provide food for my family. That should be enough for anyone. People are seriously getting ridiculed each day for what they purchase. Yes I have problem if all your child eats is things from a Little Debbie boxed along with fast food items, then yes I have a problem with that. But just because fruits and stuff aren't organic? No be grateful for the food on the table. Just make sure it's nutritional especially if the child[ren] are those with special needs. 

Thank you for reading my post today! What's on your thankful list? 

No comments