Mini Currents 10.01.16

Okay I was planning on writing this huge Michaelmas post. All about learning about it, and the activities that my family did for it. It would have been maybe two paragraphs. So instead I'm giving you a mini currents!



Michaelmas was something I had never heard of before until I was reading about it in Simple Abundance. September 29th is when this is observed, just not a lot of people in the United States, celebrate it or even know what it is. A long tradition identifies St. Michael the Archangel, as the leader who remained faithful to God, and cast Lucifer at God’s command. Michaelmas, or the Feast of Michael and All Angels, is celebrated on the 29th of September every year. As it falls near the equinox, the day is associated with the beginning of autumn and the shortening of days. I wanted to learn more about it and so I set to researching more and more. The kids celebrated with blackberry pie, and making dragon bread. We all enjoyed learning about the new holiday to celebrate!

However, now it's the beginning of a new month. And it's my birthday! It was a very exciting day for me! I spent it in places that I love more than anything! Disney and Tuscaloosa. I spent the morning in Disney World for it's 45th Anniversary! That's right I was born on the birthday of Disney World! So we spent the morning there just enjoying the extra festivities and the surprises that were magical, and shocking!

We finished the morning with our hands full of souvenirs and our hearts happy. We headed to Tuscaloosa for homecoming! Which I've never returned to my high school for their homecoming, but my university I have made it a point to return every year. After a rocky start to the game for me, I made it through 3 quarters of the game. I left early. All in all this was a pretty awesome birthday! I wouldn't change it for the world!

More information about my currents and Mini Currents: Why CurrentsCurrents
And why I no longer do currents daily: Tea Time with Hunter Volume 5

OOTD:

Favorite Beauty Product:


Favorite Hair Product:


Haunted Mansion inspired Mouse Ears

Favorite Food of the Day: 



Dreamland Ribs!

Favorite Song:

Favorite Line from the book I'm reading:



As fast as I can tell there are only two emotions that keep the world spinning year after year...One is fear. The other is desire. - A Discovery of Witches

Favorite Pin I Found on Pinterest or Favorite YouTube Video of the day:

Favorite thing taking place in the future:

Birthday season! 

No comments