Wishes



Yes this is the ring that made it official--at Disney.

Star light, star bright,
first star I see tonight.
I wish I may, I wish I might,
have the wish, I wish tonight.

I have sang that so many times with my family. I really had started to wish for a happy story. Yes a happy story, I do not want a happy ending. I found the character to put in my life story for a happy story! God gave me a character to make me see what I didn't want and what I couldn't handle. He worked on Vin for six years to make him imperfectly perfect for me. 

We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do,
and all our wishes,
will come true...

I never realized that going to check on Edwin at college would forever change my life. But it did, and in ways I never thought possible. I didn't have to have get on the internet to meet someone who just liked me for what I posted and said. I wasn't forced to give up my values and standards to make someone happy. I didn't guilt a guy into making him stay with me. He wanted to be with me for a very long time. 

You see, its just like I told ya.
Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
They're shining deep down inside of you.
'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

I get so emotional realizing just how amazing it is to know that someone thought so highly of me that he waited that long and looked me back up after all this time. I don't feel like I have to meet his standards, but I try to be the best possible woman for him. I want him to be proud and show me off. I don't want him to shrink away from showing me off. His coworkers, male or female, both need to know that I am there in his life and he shows everyone. 

Make a wish!
(Wishes!) Dream a dream!
(Wishes!) Cross your heart!
And your wish...will...come...true!

This time I am not afraid to show off my man. I know that I am proud of him for all of his accomplishments. Vin makes me proud to say he is the father of our adopted daughters. I feel like the world doesn't understand the depth of our love. We protect each other and put smiles on each other's faces without being stupid, dumb or seductive. We are each other's best friends. 

Ha, see what a little wishing can do?


No comments