Blogmas 2019 : Day 1

Hi everyone! Welcome to blogmas! What is blogmas? Well, it is a take on vlogmas what Youtubers do. However, I do not have the time or resources to do that right now. So, we are going to throw it old school, and bring back the blog time! I cannot take credit for this idea. My long-time inspiration, Pretty Neat Living, is also doing this and thus, this idea was born for me to do as well!


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Hey everyone! Welcome to day 1 of blogmas 2019! Let's talk more about this blogmas thing? What can you expect? Well, it will be all over the place honestly, because my life is right now. Some days it will be personal stories. Some days it will be pictures from that day or an event that happened that day. It might be a list that I've compiled that day. Or it might even be progress on a project that I'm working on.

This blogmas will be about my life and what goes on in my life during the holiday season! Anything from, travel, Disney, Advent, wrapping presents, work, marriage, Chickfila, parenting, and friendship will be featured during the coming weeks. I'm excited about giving you a bigger glimpse into my life.

So, let's start with today. All of my decorations are up at home and work so I feel pretty much like I'm in Christmas wonderland. Except, today I went back to work after being on maternity leave. I was struggling so hard this morning leaving my babies behind at home. I also struggled because I kept telling myself they will be here when I get home. Yes, I'm even the voice of reason to my own self. And, I'm also thrilled that I didn't have to take them to daycare. My husband, his best friend and my cousin stay at the house all the time now because they all work from home.

So, I treated myself to Starbucks, which was out of Cinnamon Dulche Latte syrup, so I had to get a Caramel Brulee latte. It just wasn't the same, but hey I still got Starbucks. I was surprised by the welcome I received at work. One of my best friends is a coworker and she had decorated the place for me. I sat down to work on my calendar and figure out the Christmas family we are sponsoring at work. 

Sometimes, I'm not the best at planning. I managed to plan my yearly gynecologist on the day I go back to work from maternity leave. The gynecologist actually doesn't bother me. I know, I'm weird, I have a female doctor so that helps a lot. She did annoy me slightly, but I knew since I had gone to a midwife for delivering my babies she wasn't going to be thrilled, but hey my body, my babies, my decision. But, decisions were made and I was out the door from there in plenty of time.

Hobby Lobby and lunch were next on my list! I was amazed at how many people were at Hobby Lobby. I mean people everywhere! I did manage to get what I went in there. For Advent, my best friend and I, are reading She Reads Truth, A Thrill of Hope. Inside is a cross-stitch pattern and why not try this? It sounded like a lot of fun! Chickfila was for lunch and it was divine! I simply got an 8 count chicken nugget meal. I ordered a bowl of chicken tortilla soup, but my goodness it was spicy so it went home with me for supper.



I'm ending the night with a lot of gratitude for things I learned today, time with my best friend, and thoughts of leaning more on Jesus. As a family, we also piled up on couches and sleeping bags and watched Rudolph on CBS! We all sang along and were warmed by each other and Christmas lights! Until tomorrow! Merry Christmas my friends!

No comments