Blogmas Day 4 & 5: To-Do List Turned Grace Day

Hey everyone! Welcome back here! I know there was a day skipped. And that's is what is being addressed today in good light! I want others to understand what happened yesterday and why it is okay for it to happen occasionally. 


“Don't sacrifice the good to chase the perfect.” ― Emily Ley



I wanted to blog yesterday, and I had every intention of doing so. However, I chose something over the perfection of something. I chose grace. Grace over perfection is something that I have really tried to achieve in the last few years. I do want to share with you what I was going to share. What was I going to share? My to-do list for the day and what was accomplished.

Advent
Simple Abundance
Jesus Calling Christmas
Bible App Devotion
Clubhouse Meeting
November Favorites
Simple Abundance Tools
Holiday Gift List
Baby Shower Last Details
Start Grocery Order
Weed through Facebook Groups, Instagram, Podcast, & Youtube
Wrap Presents
Smart Plug Set Up
Paper & Glam Book Club

This was my to-do list for yesterday. And, I didn't finish this list at all. For starters, the meeting for the clubhouse in our new neighborhood ran over. I ended up doing Advent with my best friend together on the phone because we waited so late to do it after we had weeded out Instagram. I almost finished looking at Paper & Glam Book Club information, but was distracted by something else and forgot.

What did I do instead? Spent time with my husband who had a Lupus doctor appointment today (Friday and yes things are good right now.) I enjoyed watching a friend move into the neighborhood with his precious newborn asleep on his chest as he watched the delivery men place his future. I also enjoyed starting a list of Simple Abundance tools, but I didn't finish it. Instead of finishing this list I took a nap. A two-hour nap on my bed, upside down with my feet on the pillow is how my body finally felt the plush mattress hug my body and the blanket gave me comfort. See, I had a terrible headache and I tried a lot, but I believe my body just needed rest. I listened.

Grace is what I gave myself on that. In the past I would have felt so guilty for not getting the list done, especially wrapping presents, and gift lists. But, those things still can be done. 

This is just a reminder, that you can't do all the things and do them well. Do what you can and give yourself grace this season!

No comments