Blogmas Day 16: Give Christmas Away

Hey everyone! Whew! Has it been a busy day or what? Well, it was a very busy day for me. Even if on my payroll timecard it says "off." The day was spent spreading Christmas cheer in my opinion. Do you enjoy making sure other people have a good Christmas or just you? After this year, it's about everyone else!


Give this Christmas awayIf there’s love in your heartDon’t let it stay there- Give This Christmas Away


I've always been into decorating for Christmas. I was known for going in a Santa hat and decorating my great grandmother's house. We had the best time talking about the different decorations and ornaments over large glasses of tea. She would always fix me lunch in the process. And let me just say this year? Well, it came pretty darn close. See my great grandmother passed away four years ago now, but I was able to channel that gift of Christmas again.

A dear friend of mine, who I used to work, hadn't decorated for Christmas. It's not that uncommon, but she has had a very trying two years. Her husband has stage 4 cancer and battled at the beginning of 2019 for his life between heart surgery, pneumonia, and of course, cancer. He is still fighting cancer now and he can barely walk. My friend? Well, she has recently torn her hamstring muscle. So, when she asked could I spare a day at work and take off to come to decorate her house. I didn't even hesitate.

It was wonderful! I enjoyed every second of it. This couple is a little older than my parents and yet slightly younger than my grandmother so it was a nice change. She told me all about her house, their decorations, and their plans for Christmas. We didn't talk over tea, but rather Gatorade. And I'm not fussing because their heat was in the 70s and if you know me I was sweating like a sinner in confession with those temps! She did make us lunch though. I really enjoyed fluffing the tree and draping garland on her mantle. I felt right at home as I crawled around her floor finding plugs to light things up. It has been a wonderful day!

How else do I give Christmas away? Sponsor a family! Whether it be through the church, Angel Tree, or through your child's school. Our company sponsors a family from the school we adopt. As a family we send gifts to the child we sponsor in Africa, and we do Angel Tree kids as well. Our church did a mall for less fortunate families to come in and "shop" for their kids. So, we bought toys for that. We also help out Women's shelters by donating toiletries and clothing. We donate food to the food bank, help out at the soup kitchen, and donate meals to the senior citizens.

Also, remember the people who help make your Christmas what it is! We put goodies in the mailbox with a Christmas card! We put out baskets filled with water, Gatorade, granola bars, crackers, and candy for the UPS, DHL, and FedEx. These people are truly lifesavers! Well, sanity savers!

This is just to give your ideas to help give Christmas away! It's heavy on my heart because it does the heart good to give it away.

No comments