Blogmas Day 26: New Year New Furniture

Hey everyone! A new year is fastly approaching! I cannot believe I get to live in the twenties! Pretty awesome! So, how are you going into the new decade?! Maybe some new goals, new intentions, new clothes? What about new furniture?


Home is where the story begins. 


There is something I love doing and that's updating my home. I'm constantly thinking of ways of using a space or decluttering a space. And, as the new year comes I like to think about utilizing things including spaces.

Plus, we are building a large community neighborhood now. And people are moving in and it's exciting. I had someone recently ask me about their entryway hallway. It's daunting to think about the space where you great people. Don't be one of those people who have the fancy victorian theme entryway but farmhouse theme throughout the rest of it! Utilize the space for more than just looking nice! Rooms2Go has you covered for some ideas: Best Entryway Storage Ideas.

These ideas are really wonderful! Storage is the best in an entryway because it's a traffic area. You need places to keep things. I actually keep mints, lip gloss, and slippers near my door. I hate greeting people with bad breath, untouched face, and sock feet. It just doesn't seem like what a southern belle should do. I also keep the spare keyfob there now to set off a car alarm if I'm not sure who it is on my doorstep now. That's a recent idea I've had.

Now, confession time, we do not eat dinner at the dinner table. It's just not feasible with our family to try and cram everyone around a table. And there is a new idea that is taking the nation. Getting rid of the dining room. It's true! Why keep a room a certain way if you don't use it that way?

We have tried thinking of a good way to use that room but keeping it nice. We haven't figured out exactly what we are planning to do with it. We may even keep it a dining room with unique seating arrangements, but there are several ways to use the room. Rooms2Go has that covered also: Dining Room Alternatives For Busy People.

Some of these ideas are pretty specific to certain families. We would not have a need for a music room at all. The idea to turn it into a space for play and learning has crossed our minds a lot, but we are still not sure. There are plenty of ideas for this space though.

Whatever, you choose to do in the new year with your home, let it help boost your life. Choose colors, materials, and patterns that help boost productivity and mood!

Happy New Home and New Year!





No comments