Blogmas Day 3: My Guilty Pleasure

Hey everyone! Welcome back to day 3! I hope this week has been good for you like it has me! I'm thrilled that today is Wednesday.


"Let's-a-go" - Mario from Nintendo

So what guilty pleasure have I been enjoying so much that I have spent real money on it, and I play it in line waiting at Chickfila? Well, obviously it's a game since I said I play it. But it's an app on the phone and it is my favorite game possibly to date on my phone.

Mario Kart Tour has taken over my spare time! Well, not all of my spare time. I actually have a few of my kids playing with me. They are amazed that I can play this better than them. I do not have a callus on my thumb from shucking corn. It's from many hours spent playing Mario Kart against my brothers. And now, I'm up against my kids and we are having the best time with it!

All the characters are returning to this version of Mario Kart, and the courses are returning. The items from the item boxes some are new, but most are the same old items we've all come to love and hate at the same time! I started playing while it was on the winter tour. As of today guess where we are at in the game? LONDON BABY!

I was so excited for this morning so that we could race through London. It did not disappoint me at all! Plus, it is still decorated for the holidays! Yes, I'm tickled that Mario Kart has a holiday tree on each course!

They have added gliders where you can soar over parts of the course. I have loved this a lot. I also like that it has some interesting ways for you to obtain new vehicles, characters and gliders. You match up the perfect combination based on what course you are racing on. I also enjoy the fact that there are only a few areas where you are racing against a computer character. The rest of the races you are actually racing against people all over the world!

My kids have fussed that I've gone back to work and we cannot race together and give gifts like we had been doing together.

Here are a few screenshots of some of the races from today's playtime for me!


Above is what a cup set of races looks like in the game!


Tapping the screen once the countdown goes to 2 gives you a boost to start the game!


I love Big Ben, double-decker buses, and seeing a Christmas tree on course! The London Bridge and the London Eye can also be seen on the course!


The graphics on this game are unreal for a game on the phone. Look at the rain in this race!!


I do not own this game or the rights to it. I just wanted to show how the game looks. And yes, I did come in first place on that race! Oh and if you want to add me as a friend on there, my handle is HunterRTR!

That's it for today and I cannot wait to see you here again tomorrow!

No comments