Blogmas Day 6: Letter to Santa

Hey everyone! It's Letter Writing Day! And, I'm writing two letters today! I've already written the family newsletter to send in our Christmas cards, but I want to share with you all my own letter to Santa. I still believe in Santa. I just do. I have kids of my own, and while I know how those presents get under the tree I still believe in Santa.


"Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus!" - Yes Virginia There Is a Santa Clause




Did you know that people who do not believe in Santa do not donate to charitable contributions? It's true, Siena College Research Institute did a survey and it shows that "amongst those people who say they believe in Santa, charitable giving jumps to 87%, and that people who don’t believe in Santa are 15 percent less likely to donate to charity." So you have to believe in Santa!

Dear Santa,

How have you been this year? I hope you were able to enjoy 2019 the way you should have been able to enjoy it. I hope everyone is ready for the festivities of this holiday season at your house. I know that you have been preparing for a long time. Do you prepare like Nick Saban? Three days off and then it is time for plans of the future?

Our house has been ready for fun! I think we stay ready for Christmas in this house. There are two new tiny bundles for you to visit in this house this year. And quite a lot of names will be transferred to this address this year as some of the college kids are bringing home friends. This is what we love to do. Making sure people have a wonderful Christmas in this house.

What can you get me this year? Well, socks are the first thing that comes to mind. I know I have hit that adult stage in my life. I would also love some shoes. Plenty, of planner things too! If you could throw in some board books and books about home life or hygge life that would be great!

I'm wanting my best friend home for the holidays but if that can't happen just let me make sure that I can make her Christmas the best she's had in a long time. She needs that feeling of being a child again because adulting is hard. Seriously, drinking coffee isn't that amazing as an adult!

I hope you visit boys and girls, and ladies and gentlemen, that really so desperately need you this year. Our family has tried to help all that we could and we hope to do more in the coming years!

I know you are not the one to bring peace throughout the world. I do hope the sight of you reminds people that it's not just about the material gifts you are bringing, but hope. Hope that there are still good people in this world. Hope that something bigger is watching over them. And hope that they can still find joy in life.

Cause Santa Claus comes tonight
Peace on earth will come to all if we just follow the light
So let's give thanks to the Lord above 'cause Santa Claus comes tonight

Thanks and all the warm love!
Your friend,

Hunter

No comments