Blogmas Day 19: Uncommon Christmas Movies

Hey everyone! It's coming! CHRISTMAS IS COMING! It's Friday too! Praise the Good Lord! It is Friday! This weekend should be spent wrapping presents and watching movies! Let's talk about some movies that are not featured on Freeform!


I never thought it was such a bad tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love. - Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas



These are movies I have treasured as a child and now sharing with my children! They even have started asking for quite a few of these. This is just my top 10 list, there are plenty more of uncommon Christmas movies that I adore!

1. The House Without A Christmas Tree - My grandmother and I have a tradition where we get a quilt and we cuddle while watching this movie. It's a favorite and even part of my Christmas village is modeled after this movie! I recently purchased it from Amazon to add to our DVD collection.

2. Emmet Otter Jug-Band Christmas - What to say about this lovely little show. I watched it with my kids the other night and I was shushed a lot because of the fact I like to sing the songs with the movie! When The River Meets the Sea is amazing and should have won awards! I did sing this to my little ones when they were born. I know the importance of a relationship between child and parent because of this movie.

3. Father's Knows Best Home for Christmas Reunion - This reunion was one of the best reunions that TV has seen! It felt so smooth from their original show. It really extended their story without messing up any of the other storylines from the past. I like the snippets from the old episodes, it gives you the family video feeling to it.

4. The Preacher's Wife - This is probably the most common movie on the list. I think this is better than The Bishop's Wife because it is so much more relatable. It also doesn't hurt that Denzel Washington is in the movie either! I love and adore the soundtrack to this movie! I've even bonded with people over this soundtrack!

5. Best Christmas Pageant Ever - It would not be Christmas if I didn't see this movie! I even made my friends read the book a few years ago! It was a delight for us to watch it on Youtube that year. I now have it on DVD and my kids ask for this one! They actually helped me wrap gift baskets while watching this!

6. Mr. Willoby's Christmas Tree - When Jim Henson did this book I was in love with it! We taped it off the TV, and I loved it with it's Toys R Us commercials between it! I love the song in this one. I would say songs, but there is really just one song with one or two others. But each family has their own tradition with a tree!

7. Ziggy's Gift - This little short, nonverbal guy is amazing! I love the message behind this one! The ending is one that leaves you with special warm fuzzy and singing Silent Night. I love how Ziggy just does the right thing time after time!

8. One Magic Christmas - How to describe that movie? You know those people who don't like Christmas music, who yank Christmas down with a fury, and who says if anyone mentions Christmas again they are going to scream? This movie is basically about them. And it teaches you to be more generous with time, money, and love because it all can be gone in a second.

9. Beauty and the Beast: Enchanted Christmas - This movie, oh man, the music is wonderful! This is another one that I love for the songs. It has fantastic songs that are so good to sing with my kids! We love us some Disney music, but I love this for the memories I have of it with my mom.

10. One Special Night - This is new to my radar. I adore James Garner and Julie Andrews in this movie are adorable. The banter that goes on in this is my favorite and it doesn't. It really showcases the family dynamic.

Do you have any uncommon Christmas movies that you love?

No comments