Blogmas Day 29: My Top Books of the Year

It's that time of the year! The end of the year for this reader! While I did do some rereading, I still read quite a few books! I did read more than I normally would of series, and it was series where I had to have the next book! Keep in mind that my books are adult books and RARELY are young adult books.


"As Jake looked at him so calmly, his eyes kind and patient, Nico was able to catch a breath and focus on baseball even though he wanted to rub himself all over Jake’s hairy, muscular body like a cat and its scratching post." - Keira Andrews, Reading the Signs


Here we go with my top 9 books of the year with a few honorable mentions! Yes, there are some series on this list


1. Reading the Signs - Keira Andrews - THIS BOOK! Wowza! Keira Andrews may have just worked herself into being my favorite author. This book had everything; baseball, M/M, and light BDSM. It was fabulous for me.

2. Shades of Grey - Brooke McKinley - This book touched on a subject that was just hard-hitting. And I have read books on this theme before with drug rings. This was really good, but oh so graphic and heart-wrenching. I knew it was going to be good when Riley Hart raved about it!

3. A.M Arthur's series Belonging - Oh this series, this just broke me. It was so angsty and so true lifelike to me. It was so romantic and so heartbreaking. I could not stop reading this series. There is love between an ill person, an abused person, an emotionally abused person, and the list just goes on! This is a wonderful series!

4. A.M. Arthur's series Restoration - Now since I loved the Belonging series, this series comes into play with the Belongings series.

5. Santa Daddy - Keira Andrews - Oh Keira the things you do to me. This book, wow, there was such a good story mixed with dynamite sex scenes!

6. Susan Hawke's series Lovestrong - This series changed me. I have more understanding of the different groups in the real world.

7.  The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo - Taylor Jenkins Reid - My best friend recommended this to me. And oh my goodness, it was really true what she told me! You find yourself wanting to see the movies the characters play in. This book reads like a memoir! A really good memoir of the starlets from early movie days!

8. The Professor - Robert Bailey - Ok this book so not my normal book. I bought this book on sale, years ago because it takes place in Tuscaloosa, where I live. I was all excited because Denny Chimes is on the cover, which is a monument building on the campus of The University of Alabama. However, this was a legal thriller and I didn't notice that until I was two chapters in. I fell in love with this book because it talks about places that are truly in Tuscaloosa! I drive some of the roads mentioned in this book every day!

9. When Less Becomes More: Making Space for Slow, Simple, and Good - Emily Ley  - Oh another winner from Emily Ley. This book wasn't my favorite from her but it was still really good! It has some things that most people should know. But she does give you a lot of resources to help you simplify things.

Honorable Mentions:

Until Friday Night - Abbi Glines

The Christmas Star - Ace Collins

The Night Screams - Devon McCormack

No comments