Blogmas Day 27: 10 Questions for the End of Year

Hey everyone! So, while you get ready for the new year it's a good idea to reflect on the past year. And again thanks to 10 Things to Tell you I have a post for you today! We are looking at 10 questions for the end of the year and these are some deep questions. Some of these remind me of Powersheet questions so it's a good thing for you my readers!


The Lord made all go well with whatever Joseph did. - Genesis 39:23


Let's throw it back to Blogmas Day 11: 10 Things I'm Doing Well. This is another post from Laura Tremaine's podcast 10 Things to Tell You. And I'm excited to talk about this one with you all because it invites you into my life for a deeper knowledge of my life!


1. What was the best part of the year?

Birth of my babies, Disney World trips, and best friend time!


2. What worked? (And what didn't?)

Honestly, this question is really tricky. A birthing center worked for me. Negativity at work didn't work. Getting to know and bond with a new coworker did work. But stressing over the gross situation at work didn't work. Seeing family and friends at baby showers worked, but having a heart scare for one of our babies didn't. The end of the year planner system worked, but the beginning did not work.



3. What were the best conversations?

Long talks with a retired coworker.
Laughter with my best friend.
Long talk between me and God about the Bible story, Joseph. If your job is hard, this is worth reading.
Learning ins and outs of giving birth with a friend.

4. What was a discovery?

That my dermatologist goes to the same church I do.
That drinking water greatly enhances the skin.
That there are people who act like everyone else is the problem, when really it's them.
That the same people above can be really close to you.
That people who were close to you can estrange themselves quite quickly.
That beautiful wintery photos boost my mood.

5. Who was the most influential to you?

The person that was most influential this year to me. Oh, that's tough. Honestly, one of my friend's mom comes to mind. We call her Lala. I just feel like I enjoyed her input on life and things with Disney. It's a different perspective than one I'm used to getting from people.

6. What was the best entertainment consumed this year?

Movies:

The Dirt
Frozen II
Downton Abbey
Toy Story 4
Lion King
Dumbo
Lady and the Tramp
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
Five Feet Apart
Aladdin

Books

Reading the Signs by Keira Andrews
Belonging Series by A.M. Arthur
Restoration Series by A.M. Arthur
Lovestrong Series by Susan Hawke

Music:

Selena Gomez
Dan + Shay
Zayn
Miia

7. Who or what are you leaving behind?

Well, I'm going to be blunt. I'm leaving behind an old boss who once was a friend and then believed we had turned on him. I'm leaving behind being worried about what I wear, whether in fashion or who would want to see me in what I wear. I'm leaving behind not setting clear boundaries. I'm leaving behind not starting something because it may end badly. I want more clarity in who I am without people's comments. I'm solid in what I love!

8. What behaviors do you want to change?


  • I actually want to lift my arms up during worship at church. 
  • I want to not scoff at drinking water.
  • I want to read nonfiction along with fiction.
  • I want to spend more time with my family.


9. Where did your beliefs shift?

Honestly? I thought work was a safe place. Christian people and everything. But, this year shook me to my core. It was stressful. It was heartbreaking. It was maddening! I felt betrayed and lost. I was shocked. But, I turned to God. I prayed each week for something to give. For us at work to grow stronger. Things did not end up how I felt they would at all. And, it's that reason that sometimes the thing you think is the problem really isn't.

10. Who do you want to be in the new year?

I want to be a vibrant smiling person that still loves her time alone. I want to love the holidays big and small and not care what anyone thinks. I want to share my faith. I want to make healthier decisions.

No comments