I'm Not the Same...



I'm Not the Same Having Seen the Moon Shine on the Other Side of the World. - Mary Ann Radmacher






Traveling - It leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller. - IBN Battuta

&

We travel, Some of Us Forever, to seek  other places, Other souls. - Anais Nin


I have been on mission trips before and they have brought me closer to God with being grateful for what I have in my life. However, this trip that I am coming home from was an adventure like I had never experience before in my travels. This trip was the one where I realized that I'm an adult.

When I was younger I remember being told to hold my dad's hand when we would go traveling. Those fears you have as a child come rushing back when you are traveling on your own. The many times hiking up the mountains in search of a certain kind business in Thailand I wished my dad was there when I was being bombarded by business salesmen. I finally learned the polite way, even though they didn't deserve it, to say no thank you.

Or when you are child and your parents insists you eat off the children's menu. I had fried crickets, fried tarantulas, and different other insects. I tried crazy stuff that wasn't bad but trust me you won't find it on a menu in the US, you may but it won't be popular.

While growing up my mom insisted I dress a certain way. Yes modesty is a great thing. But when it's a certain degrees outside I do not care. I have worn crop tops 85% of the time on the trip. Nobody said anything and I wasn't the only one.

The thing I learned most on this trip is that I am blessed without a doubt. I have friends that are there for me no matter what is going on in my life. I have seen so many of God's natural beauty through the land. And, no matter how far I travel or how long I'm gone I have a safe, secure home. It's time to go home.

AND NO THIS IS NOT BLAKE SHELTON'S SONG! MICHAEL BUBLE WROTE IT!



No comments